Chris Carelli SNY.TV Twitter | About me | Archive
Yankees red Masahiro Tanaka 's shutout when they beat Rays 3-0 at Yankee Stadium on Monday. >> Box score
Four takeaways from Monday's game
1) Tanaka has dominated the rays this season and Monday's complete game shutout came at a perfect time. Tanaka only allowed two hits and one trip while knocking out 10 smashes in what was his longest ̵
3) Cameron Maybin went 3-to-3 with a home run. Maybin has now homered in three equal games and making a case to hold onto even when the Yanks are able to bring back Giancarlo Stanton and Aaron Judge . The Yankees would have to go to a seven-man bullpen to keep Maybin on the roaster, something that New York might not be willing to do. The problem, of course, is that Maybin does not have less league opportunities, so the club must appoint him to task and he is sure to be swiped up.
4) Edwin Encarnacion went 0-for-4 in his Yankees debut. He had some long at-bats, showing that he will be able to help the pitcher like many in the Yankees lineup. And of course, homers will help yanks too.
Cam, Cam, thanks, man. pic.twitter.com/oPlBI7etdp
– New York Yankees (@Yankees) June 18, 2019
The Yankees have now homered in 20 consecutive games and binds to the longest stroke of Majors this season. pic.twitter.com/qVWzt1DKpV
– New York Yankees (@Yankees) June 17, 2019
What is next
J.A. Happ (6-3, 4.66 ERA) and Yankees face Ryan Yarbrough (5-3, 5.59 ERA) and the rays of the second game in the three-game statement Tuesday at 7: 05:00