WWE officials are reportedly looking at coming up with more releases.
WWE recently parted ways with a number of superstars who were told they were being released as part of budget cuts. Now, via Andrew Zarian from the Mat Men podcast, it is being announced that more releases will be made as the company looks set to cut back on contracts.
It was reported earlier this week that there is a push among some in the WWE who believe Aleister Black should be brought back. Zarian reported on Mat Men that there are many people within WWE who believe that the company never really intends to release some wrestlers in full and that some of the cuts are just a contract move so they can renegotiate the deals.
This way of doing business is not official, but it is widely speculated in the WWE, and people are said to be very unhappy with the possibility of it happening, due to the fact that the WWE could terminate contracts in the middle of a wrestler̵
It was also said that the WWE management wants to cut back on contracts, and because of that, more releases are coming. There are no words on when the next round of cuts should be made or who will be released, but it was noted that this last round on June 2 was not the final list of cuts.
Since mid-April, WWE has released a number of wrestlers and made several office cuts in connection with corporate reorganization. The following superstars have been released since the first round of budget cuts on April 15 this year: Wesley Blake, Bo Dallas, Chelsea Green, Tucker Knight, Kalisto, Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, Mickie James, Samoa Joe, Ruby Riott, Aleister Sort, Braun Strowman, Santana Garrett, Lana and Buddy Murphy. They also released Lars Sullivan, Steve Cutler and Andrade in the months leading up to April, but for different reasons.
Keep an eye out for more.