قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Health https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Woman dies after contracting meat-eating bacteria on popular Florida Beach: family

Woman dies after contracting meat-eating bacteria on popular Florida Beach: family



A mourning family speaks after their beloved died on Thursday from a carnivorous bacterium she contracted on a popular Florida beach, the Associated Press reports.

Lynn Fleming, a 77-year-old woman who recently retired to Florida's Gulf Coast, spent time with relatives who visited her from Pittsburgh, Penn. When she stumbled and fell into the water Coquina Beach on Anna Maria Island

Fleming scraped his leg during the fall and was later worried as the tiny wound swelled and would not stop bleeding.

"There was a little depression she couldn't see because it was underwater," her son, wade Fleming, told wTVt. "She fell into it, came out with a small three-quarter inch cut, a bump on her legs. It was just a small cut, didn't think much of it. We got the swelling down, but it just got soft."

After Fleming's relatives returned to Pennsylvania, her condition continued to worsen. She went to an emergency clinic where she was prescribed antibiotics and got a tetanus shot.

The next day, Fleming's friends brought with them prescription drugs and discovered her lying on her bathroom floor in a semiconscious state.

She was shaken at a hospital where doctors diagnosed her with necrotizing fasciitis, a rare, life-threatening bacterial infection often referred to as a "meat-eating" disease, as it quickly and aggressively kills the body's soft tissue. 19659002] Tragically, Fleming died Thursday after suffering two strokes and went into septic shock during surgery to rescue her injured legs.

The son of the battle told the Associated Press that the night before his family went home, his mother seemed fine

"You would never know there was anything wrong," Wade recalled.

He told WTVT that he hopes that by talking about his family's loss, he can help prevent others in the same destruction.

"You get the open wound while playing on the beach, watch it, take it on," he urged.

Fleming's death came just days after a 12-year-old Indiana girl contracted a meat-eating bacterium on a family vacation in Destin, Fla.

Kylei Brown scratched her toe on a skateboard before visiting the beach, where she probably contracted the deadly bacteria through seawater.

Brown underwent acute surgery where doctors removed the affected tissue on her right calf and then been discharged from the hospital. She needs to undergo physical therapy so she can go again.

In June, an alarming report published in the journal Annals of Internal Medicine proposed a carnivorous bacterium called vibrio vulnificus to spread to regions that were previously non-endemic to the microorganism due to unusually hot water.

The bacteria that cause necrotizing fasciitis have extremely high mortality, and accurate diagnosis, rapid antibiotic treatment and rapid surgery are extremely important for successful treatment, according to the US Disease Control Centers.

Early symptoms of the disease, which can spread via seawater or even undercooked seafood, include fever, dizziness or nausea shortly after an injury or surgery, according to the CDC. Those who believe they may have been infected are urged to seek immediate treatment.


Source link