What you need to know
- The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is now generally available, but Microsoft is continuing to test with Insiders.
- The fixes in this cumulative update will eventually make their way to everyone.
Even as the Windows 10 May 2019 Update has started its general rollout, Microsoft has opted to continue testing more fixes with Windows Insiders. Get started today with Windows 10 preview build 18362.145, bringing with it several fixes.
Here's a look at what included:
- Addresses an issue that may prevent Custom URI Schemes for Application Protocol handlers from starting the corresponding application for local intranet and trusted sites on Internet Explorer
- Addresses and issue that prevents certain apps from launching when you set directory redirection for the Roaming AppData folder to a network path.
- Addresses and issue that my turn off night light mode during display mode changes
- Addresses an issue that may distort the rendering of a full-screen game when the Microsoft Game bar is visible on top of the game.
- Addresses and issue that prevents the removal Bluetooth® peripheral devices from some systems with specific Bluetooth radios.
- Addresses an issue that may cause event 7600 in the Domain Name System (DNS) server event
- Addresses and issue in which the dots per inch (DPI) of the guest does not match the host.
- Addresses an issue that may cause an external USB device or SD memory card to. be reassigned to an incorrect drive during installation. For more information, see "This PC cannot be upgraded to Windows 10" error on a computer that has a USB device or SD card attached. SMB), which causes a server to eventually stop accepting SMB connections
- Addresses and issue that prevents application protocol URL from being opened when hosted on an intranet page
- Addresses an issue with BranchCache when it is a distributed cache mode. BranchCache may use more disk space than assigned for the republication cache. To fully address the issue, devices that have exceeded the disk space assignments should be empty BranchCache using the netsh branch cache flush command.
- Addresses and issue that may prevent some Direct3D applications and games from entering full-screen mode if the display's orientation has been changed from the default.
- Addresses to issue with creating a Windows catalog file on an x64 system using Windows System Image Manager. For more information, see What's new in ADK kits and tools
If you're on the Slow or Release preview, you should be able to grab this batch of fixes via Windows Update now. Otherwise, it should not be too long before we see the fix included in this cumulative update make it all running the Windows 10 May 2019 Update
Cheap PC accessories we love
accessories, all of which will enhance your Windows experience.
This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for more details.