Whole foods will cut the prices of hundreds of items from Wednesday, marking the third round of price cuts, as the grocer seems to rebuild his expensive image.
"Whole Foods Market continues to maintain the high quality standards that we have been fighting for no more than 40 years and with Amazon we will lower more prices in the future and build on the positive momentum from the previous price investments, says CEO John Mackey in a statement.
Whole Foods has also focused targeted benefits for members of the Amazon Prime program, hoping to leverage the data and loyalty it offers. The better whole foods are able to sync in store stores with Amazon Prime, the better it will be to target their ads and campaigns.
In addition to exclusive weekly offers, Prime members also receive an additional 1
Prime's ranks exceeded more than 100 million people last year. In addition to free two-day shipping and weekly Whole Foods offers, Amazon offers $ 119 per day. Year membership service streaming music and movies and free two-hour delivery in specific postal codes.
In April, Amazon will offer Whole Foods customers $ 10 off a $ 20 purchase when they try Prime online.
Read the press release below:
Amazon and Whole Foods Market make the most investment in lowering prices and expanding Prime Member Deals to date
New lower prices on hundreds of customer favorites focusing on products and double number of Prime member deals
Customers save an average of 20 percent at new reduced prices
Whole Foods Market maintains the same high standards and quality across departments
Seattle, Washington and Austin, Texas (April 1, 2019) – Amazon and Whole Foods Market announce a third round price cut to begin Wednesday and offer new lower prices for fresh produce to all customers and expanded Prime benefits with more exclusive weekly offers on popular products across departments.
"Whole Foods Market continues to uphold the high quality standards that we have fought for nearly 40 years, and with Amazon, we will lower more prices in the future and build on the positive momentum of previous pricing investments," said John Mackey , Whole Foods Market co-founder and CEO. "The standard of how our products are produced, cultivated and produced is strong and puts the entire Foods Market apart from the competition. We will continue to focus on both lowering prices and bringing customers the quality they trust and the innovative range they expect from our brand. "[From19659016] As of Wednesday, customers will find new, lower prices for hundreds of items throughout the store with emphasis on high quality products in the high season, including greens, tomatoes, tropical fruits and more. Examples of these new lower prices include large yellow mangoes ($ 1 / aa.), Mixed Cherry Tomatoes ($ 3.49 / 12oz), and ecologically stacked rainbow chard ($ 1.99 / ea.). Prices will be reduced by an average of 20 percent on selected items throughout the store.
In addition to new lower prices for all shoppers, Prime members will now save more than ever at Whole Foods Market with double the number of exclusive weekly Prime member offers and deeper discounts. Over the next few months, customers can expect more than 300 Prime member actions on some of the season's most popular items.
Examples of exclusive Prime members in April that will rotate each week include:
- Organic asparagus: $ 2.99 / lb, save $ 2
- Organic strawberries: $ 2.99 / lb, save $ 2
- Sumo Citrus: $ 2.49 / lb, save $ 1.50
- Air-cooled, no antibiotics-always whole chicken: $ 1.79 / lb at least 40%
- Coil disc: $ 3.99 / lb , save at least 33%
- Animal Welfare, Bone in Pork Chops: $ 4.99 / lb, save at least $ 2
- Fresh, Sustainable Wild Catch Greenland halibut: $ 16.99 / lb, save at least 35%
- 35% off all Justin's branded products
- $ 20 off Vega One Organic Shakes (only 24.3-26.9 oz.)
- 40% of all Kite Hill plant based products
- 35% off all Epic brand products
- Prepared sandwiches and wraps: 20% off
Prime members can also receive an additional 10% discount on her drops of sales products throughout the store.
These price reductions will build on the hundreds of lower prices introduced to customers since Amazon and Whole Foods Market fusion, ranging from Whole Trade Organic Bananas and Chobani yogurt to 365 Everyday Value Cage-Free Large Eggs. During this time, customers have saved hundreds of millions of dollars through lower prices and Prime member offers.
Whole Foods Market standards prohibit over one hundred preservatives, flavors, colors and other ingredients commonly found in foods, including high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated fats. No antibiotics ever and no added hormones are allowed by breeding animals for meat sold in the meat department of the entire food market. All seafood in the shellfish department is either sustainable wild or responsibly farmed, which prohibits the use of antibiotics and extra growth hormones in feed and minimizes environmental impact.
"When Whole Foods Market came to the Amazon family, we set out to make healthy and organic food more accessible. Over the past year, we have worked together tirelessly to pass on savings to customers," says Jeff Wilke, CEO. Amazon Worldwide Consumer Director. "Whenever a customer enters an entire food market, they expect and rely on industry-leading quality standards across the board. And now they will experience the same full food market quality with even more savings across departments."
From Wednesday through At the end of April, customers trying Prime can get $ 10 out of their $ 20 purchase at the Whole Foods Market store when they try Prime at amazon.com/WholeFoods10. New members can try Prime for free for 30 days. Full promotional details are at amazon.com/WholeFoods10.
Since Whole Foods Market joined Amazon in August 2017, companies have launched:
· Exclusive Prize Member Savings: Prime Members Shopping Whole Foods Market Stores nationwide receives an additional 10 percent discount on hundreds of sales items throughout the store plus up to 20 exclusive deals available each week.
· Ultimate delivery to Prime members: ] Two hours delivery on Whole Foods Market groceries through Prime Now more than 60 meters, more to come in 2019. Delivery is free for Prime members who use more than $ 35.
· Merchant for Prime Members Alexa shopping: Prime members can use Alexa to add Whole Foods Market groceries to their Prime Now cart and find out about us Eksk offers .
· Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Card Member Savings: Card Members with an Approved Prime Membership earn 5% Back when shopping at Whole Foods Market using Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card. Card members without an approved Prime membership earn 3% back on their purchases.
· Convenient Amazon.com package pickup: Amazon Lockers in Whole Foods Market Stores allows customers to have products shipped from Amazon.com to their local store for pickup, or ship Returns back to Amazon during a trip to their local store.