Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Technology https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ watchOS 7: How to use optimized battery charging on Apple Watch

watchOS 7: How to use optimized battery charging on Apple Watch



With the release of watchOS 7, Apple has added a battery health feature to the Apple Watch, similar to that found on iPhones and iPads running iOS 11.3 and later.


Basically, Battery Health provides information about the device’s battery condition and includes an option called “Optimized Battery Charging,” which is designed to extend the overall battery life of your Apple Watch.

When enabled, optimized battery charging learns from your personal device habits and waits to complete charging completely until you need your WatchApple Watch.

For example, if you regularly charge your watch at night while you sleep, the device may choose to limit its charge to the 80 percent mark and then wait for an hour or so before waking up to charge the remaining 20 percent.

This keeps your watch with an optimal capacity for battery health by reducing the time it sits on the charger at 100 percent charged, which can reduce its life over time.

Optimized battery charging is enabled by default on an Apple Watch running watchOS 7. If you need your Apple Watch fully charged faster than usual and you want to disable Optimized Battery Charging, follow these simple steps.

  1. Press Digital crown on your Apple Watch to view App View.
  2. choose Settings app.
  3. Scroll down and select Battery.
    settings
  4. Scroll down and select Battery health.
  5. Tap the switch next to Optimized battery charging to turn it to the gray OFF position.
  6. Press Power off or Turn off until tomorrow.
    settings

To re-enable optimized battery charging on your Apple Watch at any time, simply repeat the above steps and switch the switch to the green ON position.

Check the health of your Apple Watch battery

Note that the battery health monitor provides useful additional information about the status of your Apple Watch battery that you can use to determine if it needs to be replaced.

settings

The Apple Watch Series 4 has been in use daily since its launch

The “Maximum capacity” percentage gives you a measure of battery capacity compared to when your battery was brand new. If the maximum capacity percentage drops, you’ll probably get less use of your Apple Watch between charges. In other words, it is an indicator of how your battery works in general, and correlates directly with how long your watch lasts on a single charge.

Source link