INDIANAPOLIS – Authorities released video Monday of a man suspected of killing two Indiana teenagers two years ago and urging the public to investigate the footage showing that the man was walking on an abandoned railway bridge visited by the girls they walked the day they were beaten.
The Indiana State Police also released a new sketch of the suspect, who said state police superintendent Doug Carter was produced thanks to "new information and intelligence" collected during the investigation of the killings of 14- Old Liberty German and 13 -year-old Abigail Williams. During a briefing in girls' home town of Delphi, he said that a composite sketch, previously published based on accounts of eyewitnesses who believe they saw the man, is now secondary to the new sketch.
Carter said investigators believe the man is between 18 and 40 years old and that he either lives or lived in Delphi or regularly visits or works in the area. He promised that the police would settle the case, and during the briefing he immediately corrected the suspect.
"We think you're hiding in a clear eye. For more than two years, you've never thought we would shift gears to another study's strategy, but we have," he said.
The video of the suspect and additional sound released Monday came from German mobile phone. The authorities have greeted her as a hero to record potentially decisive evidence before she was killed.
Carter urged the public to pay close attention to the ways of maneuver in the video, showing him walking over an abandoned railway bridge near Delphi, which is about 60 miles (95 kilometers) northwest of Indianapolis.
"Do you recognize the way as someone you might know? And remember, he goes on the former railway bridge, and because of the deteriorating state of the bridge the suspect does not go naturally because of the distance between the bands," he said.
The girls' bodies were found in a harsh, wooded area the day after they went hiking in a school day.
Within a few days of the killings, researchers released two grainy images of a suspicion of going on the bridge and a sound recording of a man who thought he was "down the hill."
The sound clip released Monday contains the same sound, but is longer and catches the suspect says: "Guys, down the hill," said Sgt. Kim Riley with the state police.
Investigators have reviewed thousands of executives looking for the man, but no warrant has been issued and no arrests have been made.
Follow Rick Callahan on Twitter: https: //twitter.com/