Valorant patch 2.07 is said to have been leaked early. Astra is set to receive a nice quality of life, while Raze and Viper get a few adjustments to their set. A number of bug fixes have also been sent.
After the last major update in 2.06, Riot tones it back to Valorant patch 2.07. Yoru and Viper have gotten on their feet somewhat, and now the devs focus is turning towards the new release Astra as well as the upcoming Episode 2: Act 3.
Details of the upcoming Valorant patch 2.07, which is not actually released until April 13, have been leaked online early thanks to data miner ‘Floxayyy’.
Here’s what we know so far.
2.07 Patch Notes, link to image; https: //t.co/SMGwrhQsyg
̵1; floxay (@floxayyy) April 8, 2021
What’s up with Valorant patch 2.07?
Astra buff strengthens its gravity well
The biggest change in Valorant patch 2.07 is a good addition to Astra’s Gravity Well. You can now use it to pull players out of the lead to stop defuse. Although this seems like a logical mechanic, it did not work that way on her release.
“We think this update could create some interesting post-plant interactions where enemies try to agitate the gravity well and play around cooling down,” Riot said.
Raze & Viper get nice life changes
Raze and Viper are also on Riot’s changelist for Valorant patch 2.07.
Raze gets an audio code added to her explosion packages “similar to Jett’s Tailwind”, making it easier to track her movement. Her VFXs are also being updated so that they are less cluttered and easier to see through.
The Viper mains will also be happy to hear a bug with her Decay mechanic has been fixed, which did not deliver the full damage to enemies even though their armor was exhausted.
On top of these two changes, a Yoru bug that allowed him to plant the tip off-site using a Dimensional Shift-Gatecrash combo has also been removed. Cypher, Killjoy and Skye have also had some bugs crushed.
You can find the full Valorant patch 2.07 note below with permission for floxayyy. If things change from now until launch day on April 13th, we’ll let you know.
Leaked Valorant patch 2.07 notes
- Now pulls agents who defuse the tip
- If they are pulled out of the defuse area, the defuse is interrupted
- Audio signals added to indicate when she is boosted in the air from Blast Pack
- Explosion and Showstopper launch VFX updated so they are less obscured and clear out of the game faster
- Fixed a bug when calculating whether damage taken while decaying should be fatal to players with armor.
- Most notably, this marshal shot when the target fell to 50 to reduce the enemy to 1 HP instead of killing them.
Quality of life
- Improved feel of the ping wheel tool this should now feel more predictable to use
- Cypher Tripwires are now displayed to observers with associated team color
- Yoru can no longer plant Spike after using Gatecrash while his Dimensional Shift is active
- Fixed an unintentional dome in the sky that Astra saw if she came out of Astral form while Omen is ulting
- Fixed a bug where placing Killjoy’s tower next to Sage’s Barrier Orb would sometimes break it
- Cypher can no longer place Spycam in Cyber Cage projectiles
- Fixed issue where Killjoy’s disabled Alarmbots would chase targets that ran far away when they were reactivated.
- Fixed issue where Skye’s Guiding Light appeared to go underground when dropped directly.
- Fixed various location issues with server selector and promotional screen
- Fixed a bug that caused the Match History filter to malfunction
- Fixed a bug where players had to restart the client to get rid of their competitive purchase restriction after their restriction was completed
- Fixed a bug where some players were not penalized for being AFK after a match ended during remakes
- Fixed a bug where players using a Russian keyboard had trouble party-push-to-talk
- Fixed a bug where players switching to the Thai keyboard had their voice chat resets
- Fixed issue where viewers and observers could sometimes see incorrect target vectors for inserted sniper rifles when switching between views.