قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ World https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ US military launched cyber attacks on Iran after drone shot down: officials

US military launched cyber attacks on Iran after drone shot down: officials



The US military carried out a cyber attack against Iran on Thursday, although President Trump nixed plans for air strikes in response to downing by an American drone, officials confirmed Fox News.

Sources said the US Cyber ​​Command launched the cyber attack targeted at the Iranian intelligence and radar installations that used to fall into the US Navy drone last week.

TRUMP LIFTS CURTAIN ON CALL FOR NIX IRAN MILITARY STRIKE

Fox News taught Iran closed from some of its military radar sites around the time the US was ready to launch retaliation attacks. It is not clear whether these radar sites were turned off by the cyber attack or if Iran deliberately closed them in anticipation of this.

Yahoo! News reported first about the retaliatory cyber strike. It happened when the White House and the Pentagon also considered military strikes, but on Friday, President Trump revealed that he was renouncing them after learning up to 1

50 Iranians could be killed.

"I stopped it, not … proportional to shooting down an unmanned drone", he tweeted at that time.

Yet the administration has pushed back on any suggestion that the decision to do so could further develop Iran. On a visit to Israel on Sunday, Trump's National Security Advisor had a blunt warning for the regime.

"Neither Iran nor any other hostile actor should celebrate America's caution and discretion for weakness," said John Bolton. "No one has given them a hunting license in the Middle East."

With the United States launching a cyber attack Instead, tensions remain high, although Iranian forces were quiet at the weekend, officials told Fox News.

For his part, Tehran did not claim a successful cyber attack against its assets was carried out.

In the midst of these tensions, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo arrived in Saudi Arabia – Iran's largest rival – as a rapidly organized tour to meet Saudi Arabia's King Salman.

2020 DEMS WILL NOT CREDIT STOP TO BLOCK IRAN STRIKE

Drone shoot-down was only the latest flare-up in the region tied to Iran.

In recent weeks, six oil tankers have been attacked in Oman Bay, which the United States and its golfing allies blame on Iran. The Trump administration is expected to announce more sanctions against Iran later on.

At the Pentagon, the new acting defense minister Mark Esper came for his first day at work early Monday morning. The former army secretary took no questions.

Warships from the USS Abraham Lincoln Strike Group remains in the region along with 70,000 US troops, including Air Force bombers and fighter aircraft.


Source link