Two women who anonymously sued Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, who accused him of sexual misconduct, named themselves publicly Tuesday.
Ashley Solis and Lauren Baxley said superstar QB touched them inappropriately during massage treatments, leaving them traumatized from the experience.
They are the first two of 22 clients of Houston attorney Anthony Buzbee to throw their Jane Doe alias in civil cases against the Texan star. In his only public statement about the allegations, Watson has denied that he has ever treated women with anything other than the “greatest respect”. Watson’s lawyer has previously said he never “forced a woman to commit a sexual act.”
“My name is Ashley Solis, remember that name. I hope every woman and man out there who is a survivor hears my story. And I hope my story gives them the courage to speak out, ”she told reporters in Houston.
“I was scared. I’m not scared anymore and I exist. I’m here to take power back and take control again.”
While Buzbee and Solis did not specifically link her accusations to any of the previous 22 lawsuits, she said Watson made gruesome advances on her at his home office on March 30 last year.
It appears to match the details of a lawsuit March 16, 2021, describing a massage in the plaintiff’s home in which the victim broke down in tears, claiming that Watson exposed herself and touched her hand “with the tip of his erect penis. “
The clothes claim that when the victim cried, Watson told her, “I know you have a career and a reputation, and I know you would hate that someone messed with yours, just like I do not want anyone who has anything. with my.”
Baxley addressed Watson in a letter read by Buzbee’s law colleague Cornelia Brandfield-Harvey.
“Every frontier, from professional and therapeutic to sexual and degrading, you crossed or tried to cross,” Brandfield-Harvey read from Baxley’s June 2 session statement. “I did not want to touch you, but my terror kept me in autopilot.”
Again, Buzbee did not specifically link Baxley to one of the lawsuits against Watson. But in a March 18 civil filing, a Jane Doe described how, on June 2, at a spa in Houston, Watson exposed himself “several times” and “moved his body in such a way that his penis touched plaintiff.”
The June 2 indictment also appears to be the only one of Watson’s prosecutors to say she had previous experience with massage therapy for football players and other “high-profile athletes.”
In her statement read on Tuesday, Baxley said in preparation for her session with Watson that she went through tapes of quarterback play to understand how best to help a player in that position recover from typical game action or practice. .
Houston police said Friday they are investigating Watson after a formal complaint was made about him.
Watson’s attorney, Rusty Hardin, said Tuesday that Buzbee and Brandfield-Harvey asked for $ 100,000 on behalf of Solis.
Hardin’s office released a statement attributed to Waston’s agent, Scott Gaffield, saying the player’s only mistake was scheduling an appointment with a therapist he did not know.
“My email exchange with Mr. Buzbee and Mrs. Brandfield-Harvey were very clear, “according to Gaffield’s statement.
“We did not believe the facts showed that Deshaun was doing anything wrong with their client. We believed then – and fully believe now – that Deshaun learned a lesson about putting himself in this type of situation by interacting with people like him. not know.”
Hardin also said Buzbee warned Gaffield in an email on Feb. 19 that Watson would face a difficult legal landscape in Houston.
“This is Houston, Texas. Maybe you should find him a lawyer here so you can let both you and your client know about the landscape here and who you are dealing with,” according to the alleged email.
Watson led the NFL passing yards in 2020, and he had been the subject of numerous trade rumors this low season.
It is not clear how these accusations could either encourage or prevent the Texans from trading their star signal calls.
“The allegations are deeply troubling, and we take these issues very seriously,” NFL Communications President Brian McCarthy said in a statement Tuesday.
“Immediately after the news of the first allegations last month, and as has been reported, we launched an investigation under the NFL’s policy of personal conduct. We continue to closely monitor all developments in the case.”