The call to avoid places of worship comes as Sri Lanka enters into the first weekend of religious services after Sunday's mass bombings.
Before Friday's dawn prayers, Muslims were asked not to publicly gather for the wardly Friday prayer service — known as the Jumah Prayer — according to a statement marked “very urgently” on Thursday by Sri Lanka's Post Office Services and Muslim Religious Affairs Mohamed Hashim Abdul Haleem.
"As a sign of solidarity with Catholic society and a demonstration fight again, I appeal to the Barbarian action of the Muslim brothers to refrain from gathering for congregation prayers tomorrow (Friday), but instead of praying in the home for peace and security in our motherland, "said Haleem.
The Ministers' statement called for prayers to end the actions of "inhuman terrorist orders" and give condolences to the victims targeted at churches and luxury hotels, saying that the Muslim community "stands (s) with Christian brothers and sisters in their times of mourning. "
A CNN reporter drove through Colombo in stores that would normally be open at this time, had been shuttered and noted that security warnings broadcast on television and radio had spread fears.
According to a revised death penalty, 253 people including many worshipers who participated in the Easter massacres died in the coordinated attacks.
Catholic services across Colombo are also suspended ̵
The decision to see Catholic churches in the capital shuttered for services this Sunday was made in the direction of Archbishop of Colombo, Cardinal Malcolm Ranjith.
Both Christianity and Islam are minority religions in Sri Lanka, which account for less than ten percent of the total population. According to census data, the vast majority of Sri Lankans identify as a Buddhist.
Sri Lankan authorities are currently seeking "sleepers" potential terrorists who could activate to launch another round of attacks – Sri Lanka's Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe told CNN on Thursday.
"Police and security forces round off those involved, but they also round off the sleepers, those used in the second and third rounds (attacks) he said.
" The father has come down drastically (but) we have to pick up some more sleepers, as we will do in the coming days. "
He said the security services took steps to ensure that no potential terrorist was loose and said another wave of attacks was probably not" now "but a concern in the in the coming months.
"It is a security measure we take, we want to be sure we all have," he said in his interview.
"They are worried that one or two might come in in a church – (even) a person can do much harm. "
National Tawheed Jamath (NTJ), a domestic extremist group, has been identified as the perpetrator of Easter Sunday but has not claimed the attacks. While the terrorist organization ISIS has assumed responsibility for the attacks, this link has not been proven.
Travel Advice in Increased Threat
Concerns about additional attacks have moved several counties to warn their citizens to avoid the Indian nation.
Israel and the United Kingdom were recent countries to issue travel directions, where Israel denotes a "high concrete threat."
Its counter-terrorism bureau issued a travel warning for Sri Lanka on Thursday and raised the threat level to its second-highest and already advised travelers in the country to leave. The warning came after consultations with security and foreign ministers, according to a statement by the Terrorism Bureau.
They participate in the United States, China, South Korea and Australia in issuing advice on ongoing threats to travelers' well-being in Sri Lanka.