Texting is fast and easy until it is not. Maybe your service is awful and your messages are not going through – what a pain. Press or click to see my clear ideas to increase your cell reception.
When you have a long story to tell, but no time for a phone call, try audio messaging. They can be a lifesaver if your connection is also bad. Tap or click for steps to send audio messages on iPhone and Android.
If you work on your computer or do not want to use your thumbs to send a message, send messages directly from your PC or Mac. It is easy to configure.
Message iPhone to iPhone
iMessage is Apple’s messaging service associated with your Apple ID ̵
If you have not set up iMessage, enter your Apple ID information and press sign in. To start a new conversation:
- click on New Message button at the top of the message window.
- Enter your recipient’s name, email address or phone number. If this person is in your Contacts app, Messages will find them as you type. To start a group conversation, add more recipients.
- Write your message in the box at the bottom of the window, then tap return to send it.
Save something green: 12 ways to lower your monthly internet, cable and streaming bills
Apple’s iMessage has long notified you to other iPhone users from the iMessage app on your Mac, but did you know that you can also send and receive messages from Androids?
Just make sure you’re signed in to iCloud on your Mac, and your iPhone and computer both use the same Apple ID. To do this, simply open it System settings From your Mac, go to iCloud and sign in using your Apple ID credentials, then open the Messaging app on your Mac.
Go to on your iPhone Settings. If you are signed in with your Apple ID, it will show your name at the top. Tap your name to confirm that the email addresses match.
Use a Windows PC? You have several options.
Do you like what you read? I share smart tips, news and alerts via email every day. Click or click here to try my free newsletters.
There is an app for that
Microsoft’s your phone app connects your Android phone to your PC. This super handy app allows you to create and receive texts and calls, get notifications, access your photo albums and open apps.
If you have the right Samsung model, you can instantly share files from your phone to your PC using copy, edit and drag features. You need a Windows 10 PC with Bluetooth capability and a compatible phone running Android 7 or later.
Note: Configuring this can be a little painful, but once you get it connected, it’s smooth.
Click or click here to download and install the app on your PC. You also need the Your Phone Companion app on your Android phone or the pre-installed Link to Windows on your Samsung.
- Open the Your Phone app and select Android from the list.
- Log in to your Microsoft account.
- When prompted, open a browser on your Android and go to aka.ms/yourpc.
- Log in to your Microsoft account on your phone to get a QR code.
- Select the check box for I have the Your Phone Companion app installed on my phone on your PC, and then click Pair with QR code. You will receive a QR code.
- Your phone should now have a camera screen open in the accompanying app. Scan the QR code on your PC screen.
- Accept device permissions.
Do you want someone to always listen? Press or click to stop Google Assistant from recording what you say.
Use Android messages
If you use an Android, there’s a good chance you’re using the Google Messages app to send and receive text messages, photos, voicemails, and video. You can also send an SMS to anyone from your computer. The app also integrates Google services and features such as Assistant and Dark Mode into your chats.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Messaging installed on your Android phone.
- Go to messages.android.com on your PC and you will get a QR code.
- Open Messages on your phone, then tap the three dots in the upper right corner Messages to the Internet.
- Press QR code scanner and point your phone at your computer screen.
- You should now see your conversations on the left side of your computer screen.
Send by e-mail
If you’re in a hurry, email is a great way to send texts. This tip also works if you want to send a message to your phone. Why? Maybe you placed it somewhere in your home. To send an SMS to a person via e-mail, you need the person’s telephone number and operator. Let’s use T-Mobile as an example here.
- Open your e-mail program and write your message.
- Enter the contact’s 10-digit phone number in the recipient field.
- Follow the number with the @ symbol and the correct SMS gateway to the operator. T-Mobile is @ tmomail.net. For the sake of this example, the address you are sending your message to is email@example.com.
- Then send the message as you normally would.
Here is a complete list of email for text codes:
- T-Mobile – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virgin Mobile – email@example.com
- AT&T – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sprint – email@example.com
- Verizon – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tracfone – email@example.com
- Things – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boost Mobile – email@example.com
- US Cellular – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Metro PCS – email@example.com
Bonus tip: A woman was harassed and persecuted. How we found the guy.
Check out my podcast “Kim Komando Explains” on Apple, Google Podcasts, or your favorite podcast player.
A woman called my national radio program for help with a malicious stranger who was pursuing her daughter’s every move. Over time, the abuse escalated; the creep targeted his entire family and even posted mom’s pictures on risqué dating websites. Listen and learn how we unmasked the stalker!
Tap or click here to listen to how a stalker took over her life and steps to find out who he was.
What questions about digital lifestyle do you have? Call Kim’s national radio program and press or click here to find it on your local radio station. You can listen to or watch the Kim Komando Show on your phone, tablet, TV or computer. Or click or click here for Kim’s free podcasts.
Copyright 2021, WestStar Multimedia Entertainment. All rights reserved. By clicking on shopping links you support my research. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from qualified purchases. I only recommend products I believe in.
Learn about all the latest technology at The Kim Komando Show, the country’s largest radio talk show over the weekend. Kim takes calls and advises on today’s digital lifestyle, from smartphones and tablets to online privacy and data hacks. For her daily tips, free newsletters and more, visit her website at Komando.com.