Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Entertainment https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Sheryl Underwood breaks silence after Sharon Osbourne’s exit from ‘The Talk’: ‘This was beyond my control’

Sheryl Underwood breaks silence after Sharon Osbourne’s exit from ‘The Talk’: ‘This was beyond my control’



Sheryl Underwood finally speaks after Sharon Osbourne’s exit from “The Talk” last month.

News of Osbourne’s departure came a few weeks after a heated exchange between Osbourne and Underwood, in which Osbourne expressed support for Piers Morgan after leaving “Good Morning Britain” over differing opinions about Meghan Markle after the Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry’s bomb interview with Oprah Winfrey.

In addition, the intense discussion led to a subsequent internal investigation and air breaks before Osbourne eventually stepped away from the show.

Now, during an April 3 episode of her “Sheryl Underwood Radio”

; podcast, Underwood has opened up for the moment.

SHARON OSBOURNE STRUGGLES WAITING FOR ‘THE TALK’ IN THE MIDDLE OF EXPANDED HIATUS: ‘I DON’T KNOW IF I WANT’

“Sometimes in life something happens and you go, ‘Gosh, if I just wanted …’ There’s nothing I could have ‘just wanted’ – this would happen beyond my control,” Underwood, 57, said. “Sometimes you do not want to know what you know.”

Since Osbourne left the show on March 26, Underwood revealed that the two have not yet spoken, and when asked if Osbourne had reached out to her directly to apologize, Underwood quickly answered “no” before rolling through his previous phone history to double check.

Osbourne, however, took the bride with Underwood’s allegations that she had not apologized and shared alleged evidence to the Daily Mail in the form of screenshots that the conversation had actually gone down.

Trouble for Sharon Osbourne began after she expressed support for Piers Morgan when he questioned the legitimacy of allegations made by Meghan Markle during her interview with Prince Harry and Oprah Winfrey.

Trouble for Sharon Osbourne began after she expressed support for Piers Morgan when he questioned the legitimacy of allegations made by Meghan Markle during her interview with Prince Harry and Oprah Winfrey.
(Getty Images)

“I not only sent these messages to Sheryl, but I personally apologized to her in her dressing room,” Osbourne told the outlet Tuesday. “Why do you say I’ve never apologized to Sheryl? What are you trying to do to me?”

Osbourne continued, “Why are you trying to ruin my reputation? Just be honest. Tell me.”

SHARON OSBOURNE ‘BITTERLY DISAPPOINTED’ AT EXIT ‘TALKEN’: REPORT

In the alleged conversation between the defeated hosts, Osbourne writes in a statement dated March 12 – two days after the air has spit – that her heart is “heavy” and that she is “deeply saddened by the events that took place on Wednesday. “

“I do not want to lose my true friend because of this,” Osbourne reportedly continues. “I’m sorry to have told you to quit during the break, I’m sorry to accuse you of fake crying while we were live in the air, and I’m sorry to have lost temper with you.”

In a statement to Fox News on Tuesday, Osbourne's rep said: 'Sharon stands by her remarks.'<br />
(Photo by Matthew Simmons / Getty Images)”/></source></source></picture></div>
<div class=

In a statement to Fox News on Tuesday, the Osborne rep said: ‘Sharon stands by her remarks.’
(Photo by Matthew Simmons / Getty Images)

Osbourne reportedly writes that she “felt shocked, scared and saddened by what [she] felt like a blind-sided attack. “

“You know me. You know how I’ve always had your back,” Osbourne allegedly claimed. “We’ve all survived on this show, and that’s because we’ve always been a team and had each other’s backs.”

Osbourne then reportedly writes that she considers Underwood a “true friend” before allegedly extending an olive branch to the funny woman to “talk on the phone at the weekend” if Underwood wanted. “I’m here. I’m sorry again.”

Osbourne allegedly presses Underwood further: “Is there anything you need from me or that I can do to help you heal? Love and respect always – Sharon.”

According to the Daily Mail, this message was unanswered for three days before Osbourne sent a follow-up text message, dated March 15 at. 13:45.

“Hi Sheryl. I know you’re taking a seat and I will not respect that,” Osbourne reportedly said. “I’m just reaching out because I want you [to] know I’m thinking of you. Can you speak before Wednesday if you are willing? Big kiss.”

Another three days apparently passed before Osbourne hit, sending another text on March 18 at. 16:32: “Sheryl I’m thinking of you. Hope you are well. Send my love.”

During Underwood’s three-part podcast episode titled “Sharon Walks Away,” the comedian said that when Osbourne, 68, joined the popular talk show in the daytime, Underwood had “heard things” about the former reality star – but maintained it instead taking what she was told at face value, she chose to get to know Osbourne, and the two became “quick friends”.

Sharon Osbourne, center, 'decided to leave' 'The Talk' 'on March 26 after an air-spit with co-host Sheryl Underwood, in purple.  (Randee St. Nicholas / CBS © 2021 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved.)

Sharon Osbourne, center, ‘decided to leave’ ‘The Talk’ ‘on March 26 after an air-spit with co-host Sheryl Underwood, in purple. (Randee St. Nicholas / CBS © 2021 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved.)

“I automatically just fell in love with her because I just liked her. And I heard things, and I was like, ‘They have nothing to do with me.’ My thing is, I want to get to know you first, “Underwood said.

Added the actress: “I had heard things and I got phone calls from this and that, and seeing what I said to these people, I said, ‘Thanks for the information. “Because listen, in this business you have all kinds of personalities, right?”

Click here to sign up for our entertainment newsletter

Despite the very public outcry, Underwood said she still “loves” the Osbourne family “from what I know about them.”

Underwood said she does not believe Osbourne is a racist and is “disappointed” with the way things played out.

“I know nothing but what I have experienced with them, and this thing that has happened is disappointing to me.”

“And maybe people will not hear me say, ‘I still love Osbournes.’ I’m not saying I liked being treated the way I was treated, ”she added.“ I am very disappointed. And I’m just trying to navigate my feelings about it because it was a trauma. “

On March 26, it was revealed that the former reality star “decided to leave” the long-running daytime show, according to a statement from CBS and obtained by Fox News at the time.

“The events of the March 10 broadcast were disturbing to everyone involved, including the audience watching at home,” CBS said in a statement.

It continued: “As part of our review, we concluded that Sharon’s behavior towards her co-hosts in the March 10 episode did not align with our values ​​of a respectful workplace. discussion or blindsided any of the hosts. “

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

In a statement to Fox News on Tuesday, the Osborne rep said: “Sharon stands by her remarks.”

Reps for Underwood did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.


Source link