Jan 27, 2019
USA vs. Panama
Jan. 27, 2019
State Farm Stadium; Glendale, Ariz.
Live Broadcast: 8 p.m. ONE; ESPN2, UniMás and UDN
Tonight's US MNT Starter XI vs. Panama: 1
Substitutes: 12-Sean Johnson, 6-Wil Trapp, 13-Reggie Cannon, 14- Paul Arriola, 16-Russell Canouse, 17-Sebastian Lletget, 18-Jonathan Lewis, 21-Christian Ramirez, 23-Auston Trusty
- US MNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (including this match): Michael Bradley (143), Gyasi Zardes (41), Zack Steffen (7), Cristian Roldan (6), Walker Zimmerman (5), Aaron Long (3), Corey Baird 1), Jeremy Ebobisse (1), Nick Lima (1), Daniel Lovitz (1) , Djordje Mihailovic (1)
- For the second time in the modern era, five starters will make their MNT debuts: defenders Nick Lima and Daniel Lovitz together with midfielders Corey Baird, Jeremy Ebobisse and Djordje Mihailovic. The first occurrence occurred on September 3, 1992, where future World Cup players Cobi Jones, Joe-Max Moore, Brad Friedel, Mike Burns and Mike Lapper started in the United States' 2-0 victory in Canada in St. Johns.
- Three other players made their MNT debuts in January Camp friendly matches: Gyasi Zardes (January 28, 2015 in Chile), Walker Zimmerman (February 3, 2017 against Jamaica), Zack Steffen (January 28, 2018 vs. Bosnia and Herzegovina ).
- Center back Aaron Long chores side for the first time tonight.
- Aaron Long and Walker Zimmerman partner in the central defense of the second straight match. The duo went the full 90 minutes in the 1-0 defeat to Italy on November 20, 2018 in Genk, Belgium.
- In his first match as the US MNT feature, Gregg Berhalter plays a start XI with an average age of 25 years, 11 days.
- U.S. Football 2018 male player of this year's goalkeeper Zack Steffen returns between the rods after he last came to Colombia on October 11, 2018.
- After a season where he scored a career high 19 MLS Regular Season goal, Gyasi Zardes joined by Cristian Roldan in their first appearance since the 1-0 victory against Mexico on September 11, 2018 in Nashville.
- Michael Bradley has previously spoken at State Farm Stadium, who scored in a 2-2 draw against Mexico on April 2, 2014. He also scored twice against Panama, where he sent an "olimpico" out of a corner in a 2-0 win on February 8, 2015 in Carson, California before counting the outrigger in a 1-1 draw with Los Canaleros during the Gold Cup group stage on July 13, 2015 in Kansas City, Kan. 19659015] The 11 players represent 10 different MLS clubs: Steffen and Zardes (Columbus Crew SC), Baird (Real Salt Lake), Bradley (Toronto FC), Ebobisse (Portland Timbers) Lima Bulls), Lovitz (Montreal Impact), Mihailovic (Chicago Fire), Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC), Zimmerman (LAFC).
- Together with his international debut, Daniel Lovitz is also the first member of Montreal Impact to earn a cap for MNT.
- Jeremy Ebobisse becomes the sixth player from the US team at the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup to earn ac ap with MNT. The others: Tyler Adams, Luca de la Torre, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Erik Palmer-Brown and Josh Sargent.
- With MNT dressing 20 players, Marky Delgado, Mark McKenzie and Keegan Rosenberry are scratches from the evening's team. Teams are allowed to make six substitutions.
- Prior to the kick off teams will observe a moment of silence, and US players will wear black bracelets tonight to honor life and the legacy of coaching legend and the National Soccer Hall of Fame member, Sigi Schmid.
- Since the first meeting in 1993, MNT has a 12-1-6 all-time advantage against Panama.
- MNT is 2-1-1 all-time at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Ariz. Most recently, the United States fell 1-0 to Colombia in the Copa America Centenario Third Place Match on June 25, 2016.