Secretary of State Mike Pompeo reportedly overruled the experts to block the inclusion of Saudi Arabia on and U.S. list of countries that recruit child soldiers. Sources cited by Reuters on Tuesday said the department had recommended Saudi Arabia included on the reports that the country had hired child soldiers from Sudan to fight for the US-backed coalition in Yemen. Other state officials said it was unclear if the coalition had control over the child soldiers, however. Instead of putting Saudi Arabia on the list, the department is reportedly planning on putting Sudan back on the list after it was taken off last year. Colonel Turki al-Malki, a spokesman for the coalition, said the allegations of child soldiers being used "completely incorrect and are not based on any evidence or factual findings."