Controversial radio and internet personality Alex Jones was ordered on Friday to hand over emails and other documents related to his claim that no one died in Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012.
The decision of the Connecticut State Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellis is part of an indictment case against Jones filed by the families of seven of the 26 children and adult employees killed in the massacre.
The judge said Jones should deliver "letters, notes, emails, text messages, instant messenger logs or other electronic communications" sent on the tragic shooting. He also has to turn around "all business and marketing plans, marketing data, web analytics, sales analysis and / or web traffic" on his Infowars website.
Families sued Jones and InfoWars for accusation last year and blamed them for continuing a "Monstrous, indelible lie: that Sandy Hook shooting was arranged and that the families who lost their loved ones that day are actors who fucked theirs. death of relatives. "
"From the outset, we have alleged that Alex Jones and his financial network trafficked in lies and hates to take advantage of the grief of Sandy Hook's families," said family lawyer Chris Mattei. "That's what we intend to prove, and today's ruling progress makes our efforts."
Jones lawyer Jay Wolman did not immediately return a request for comment. Wolman has tried to reject the case and says that Jones and InfoWars "are not responsible for this tragedy" and that his statements are protected speech during the Constitution.
The families also seek to deposit Jones. The judge is expected to hear arguments about the next week.