Here’s today’s COVID-19 update from the County Health and Human Services Agency with data through October 17th.
- During state surveys, San Diego County remains in Tier 2, also known as Red Tier.
- San Diego’s state – adjusted rate is 6.8 per. 100,000 inhabitants, up from 6.5 in the previous assessment. Level 2 limit is 7.0.
- The test percentage is 3.0%, down from 3.5% last week and places it in Tier 3 or Orange Tier.
- The state’s health measurement looks at the test’s positivity for areas with the lowest healthy conditions. This measurement does not move counties to more restrictive levels, but needs to move forward.
- The county̵
- The California Department of Public Health will assess counties each week with the next report scheduled for Tuesday, October 20th.
Outbreaks from community settings:
- A new societal outbreak was confirmed on October 17 in a company.
- Over the last seven days (October 11 to October 17), 32 outbreaks in the community were confirmed.
- The number of outbreaks in the community remains above the trigger of seven or more in seven days.
- An outbreak of community settings is defined as three or more COVID-19 cases in a setting and in people from different households during the last 14 days.
- 12,233 tests were reported to the county on October 17, and the percentage of new laboratory-confirmed cases was 3%.
- The 14-day moving average percentage of positive cases is 2.7%. The target is less than 8.0%.
- The 7-day daily average of tests is 10,573.
- People with and without symptoms who are at higher risk for COVID-19 should be tested. Healthcare and key workers should also get a test as well as people who had close contact with a positive cause or live in communities that are highly affected.
- 373 new cases were confirmed among San Diego County residents on Oct. 17. The total number of the region is now 52,355.
- 3,763 or 7.2% of cases have required hospitalization through October 17th.
- 870 or 1.7% of all cases and 23.1% of hospitalized cases had to be admitted to an intensive care unit.
- No new COVID-19 deaths were reported in San Diego County on October 17. The total of the region remains at 853.
The more detailed data overviews can be found at County’s coronavirus-sd.com Web site updated around 17 today.