Mike Tyson’s return to boxing in November is supposed to be a showdown, but opponent Roy Jones Jr. is concerned that he has made a mistake.
CSAC CEO Andy Foster first said when the match was announced in July that the match between the two legendary fighters was not about “[taking] each other’s heads. ”
MIKE TYSON Returns to boxing in show match against ROY JONES JR.
“They can get into it a little bit, but I do not want people to get hurt. They know the agreement, “he said at the time.
But Jones appears to be concerned that Tyson did not get the note and told Sky Sports over the weekend that he may have made a “mistake”
“He’s still Mike Tyson, he’s still one of the strongest, most explosive people who’s ever touched a boxing ring. If anything, I made a mistake by going in with him. He’s the bigger guy, he’s the explosive guy, ”he said.
MIKE TYSON Struggling with ROY JONES JR: ‘I look forward to recreating my glory’
“He wants all the fireworks in the first round, not me. I have fireworks in the first place, but he’s known for more fireworks in the first place than anyone who’s ever touched boxing, except maybe George Foreman. ”
Jones’ fears follow remarks made by Tyson last month, calling the fight a “search and destroy.”
“This is search and destruction, and I look forward to regaining my honor,” Tyson told TMZ Sports. “Fighting is what I’m about, and hurting people is what I’m about.”
CLICK HERE TO GET MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
The eight-round exhibit was originally scheduled for Sept. 12, but is now scheduled for Nov. 28 at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California.
Fox News’ Daniel Canova contributed to this report.