To date, six service members have been identified when North Korea has delivered the remnants of Americans killed during the Korean War, said colleague Ken Hoffman, spokesman for the US defense POW / MIA Accounting Agency, told reporters traveling with Defense Minister Patrick Shanahan when he visited the agency's facility in Hawaii.
The name of the two recently identified has not yet been released, so their family members can be informed first.
Despite North Korea's unwillingness to cooperate, the Trump administration continues to exploit the detention of the remains as an important implementation.
Vice President Mike Pence erected North Korean efforts to return during his memorial speech to celebrate the fall of the Service Members.
"In June at his first historic summit in Singapore, with chairman Kim Jong Un, President Trump had our lack of heart in his heart," Pence said on Monday during comments at Arlington National Cemetery. When he opened negotiations for the complete denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula, President Donald Trump also secured a promise of the return of the remains of all fallen US service members lost in North Korea. "
" I can assure you and assure all of the family of our missing fall, we will never rest until every soldier stands and rests on American soil, "Pence added.
The US Defense POW / MIA Accounting Agency told CNN earlier this month that efforts to restore further remains had been suspended Due to a lack of communication from North Korean officials after the second summit of the two leaders. with the Korean people's army about the possible resumption of joint recovery operations in 201
According to the agency, more than 7,800 Americans are still unprepared from the Korean War.