- Regé-Jean Page reportedly turned down a lucrative offer for guest star in season 2 of “Bridgerton.”
- He was asked to appear in three to five episodes for $ 50,000 each, sources told The Hollywood Reporter.
- According to the article, the actor rejected the possibility for “a number of reasons.”
- Visit the Insider website for more stories.
Following the news that Regé-Jean Page will not be reproducing his role as Simon Basset, Duke of Hastings, on “Bridgerton”, many fans were hoping that the British actor would at least make a brief comeback on season two.
But according to an article published by The Hollywood Reporter on Tuesday, the odds of seeing the beloved nobleman were around your again disappears if not non-existent.
Anonymous sources close to the show told the outlet that “Bridgerton”
According to The Hollywood Reporter, they asked him to be a guest star in three to five episodes of the show’s sophomore season. The proposed deal reportedly included a paycheck of $ 50,000 per share. Episode.
Page rejected the offer for “many reasons,” according to sources, which likely include his character’s minor role in future seasons and the actor’s busy movie schedule for upcoming projects.
His character would pretty much take the back seat on “Bridgerton” anyway, as the show follows Julia Quinn’s book series and moves on from Daphne Bridgerton (Phoebe Dynevor) and Simon to focus on Anthony Bridgerton (Jonathan Bailey).
Plus, Side’s film career has begun after his success on “Bridgerton”, and he has already secured roles in major projects such as
‘s “The Gray Man” and Paramount’s “Dungeons & Dragons.” It is possible that planning conflicts got in the way of future “Bridgerton” elements.
Representatives of Page and Netflix did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment.
Side’s departure from Netflix and Shondaland’s hugely popular Regency era drama came as a shock to many when “Sylvie’s Love” actor was the breakout star of season one.
Page, however, told Variety that he signed a one-year contract that went into the project, which he considered a “limited series” as the duke’s character arc had “a beginning, between, end.”
“I come in, I get the contribution, and then the Bridgerton family continues,” he said.
Sources told The Hollywood Reporter that “almost everyone close to the show” was aware of Pay’s one-year deal, especially since they knew the second season would follow Quinn’s book “The Viscount Who Loved Me,” which centers around Anthony.
Dynevor, Page’s costar and love interest on screen, will repeat her role as Daphne in season two as a “devoted wife and sister helping her brother navigate the upcoming social season and what it has to offer.”
Although Page denied the possibility of expanding his role in “Bridgerton,” he shared a heartfelt tribute to the cast, crew and fans on social media after Shondaland and Netflix announced his departure.
“The journey of a lifetime,” he began, continuing, “It has been an absolute pleasure and a privilege to be your Duke. Join this family – not only on screen but also off screen. Our incredibly creative and generous cast, crew, excellent fans – it’s all been beyond anything I could imagine. The love is real and will just keep growing. ”
The actor seemed to leave the show on positive terms, with “Bridgerton” creator and showrunner Chris Van Dusen calling it a “true privilege” to write Pages’ character.
“Writing the Duke of Hastings for this series has been a true privilege, and I will forever cherish Hans Grace’s #Bridgerton reign. Thank you to the fans for embracing him and to @regejean for bringing him to life on so beautifully touching and memorable ways, “he wrote.
Shonda Rhimes, who executive produces “Bridgerton” as part of her $ 150 million Netflix deal and previously worked with Page on “For The People,” also asked the Duke.
“Remember: The Duke is never gone,” she tweeted, adding, “He’s just waiting to be watched again.”