Love or hate Kenya Moore, she has made interesting TV while she was on "Real Housewives of Atlanta."
After holding a wedding outside of Bravo's purview, then hiding her hubby from the Cameras, she was not an agreement with the Powers That was and was off the show season 11. But the producers were missing this past year and Kenya was missing the paycheck. June 12, 2010, when production ramps up for season 12.
Partway through this season finale, Kenya shows up at Cynthia Bailey Peach Bellini drink launch event.
Earlier, Kenya had complained about social media about her pregnancy. She even unfriended NeNe, which ended up in the gossip pages.
"This is a fake beef to get attention," Nee said.
When Neen sees Kenya, she says: "I think a monster's here." 1
Cynthia welcomes Kenya, who thanked her for the invite but Cynthia says to her she didn't know she was coming. Hmm ….
Kenya is super chummy with Cynthia and even congratulates here in front of the crowd for her launch (while NeNe sits back with a sour look on her face.)
When Cynthia calls for Gregg to come to the mic, NeNe holds him back, making for a super awkward moment.
"You need to put that b **** to the side and curse out," says flamethrower Marlo Hampton clearly goading NeNe on. Hill to say that she was "pretending" not to know Kenya was coming. Uh oh. Shady behavior!
“Whenever Kenya is around, Cynthia is a different person,” NeNe says.
Cynthia says she does not have high school and she can be friends with both.
Neither does Kenya and pretends to be polite but then says, "She's having a buffalo!" Kandi tries to mollify NeNe but NeNe tears up.
Later, at a pizza place, NeNe gathers Cynthia, with Kandi and Tanya Sam, to talk about her fraying friendship with Cynthia. "You have not been the same friend as you have been to others," she tells Cynthia. She asked why Cynthia didn't defend NeNe about Kenya's social media negativity.
Cynthia tells the Bravo cameras she didn't want to get in the middle of things. NeNe asks here to be neutral and Cynthia sees herself that way but NeNe feels Cynthia is favoring Kenya.
With the "cover up" that Cynthia claims she didn't know Kenya was coming, NeNe will watch this episode and blow up even more for sure. (It apparently comes up during the reunion show.) Why didn't Cynthia give Nene a head's up?
Kandi later says Kenya was not here to tell anybody she was coming but Cynthia did because here.
Cynthia says this kerfuffle is not that big of a deal, almost as bad as what happened four years earlier. (I remember the rift, not the details.) "I need my friends to be here for me," Nee says.
Outside the restaurant, Cynthia tells her how much she loves here. NeNe can look here in the eye. “I don't want to feel like a friend,” she says tearfully. Though there was a reconciliation, we know it's won.
– Gregg Leakes is now seriously considering chemo to better ensure his cancer doesn't return after focusing on "holistic" options.
– Porsha's gender reveal party isn It's quite ready when several of the housewives show up. The planners could not get up and running. Porsha starts crying. But it all works out and she finds out she's having a girl who came out nine days before this episode.
Some final screen updates:
– Shamari and Ronnie are having a marriage seminar in April and Shamari is fine with her drinking.
– Eva fends off her "financial ruin" and will sub in for Porsha on "Dish Nation" while she's on maternity leave.
– Porsha plans to get married to Dennis New Year's Eve.
– Cynthia's Wine Cellar is going to open. No word on Mike Hill and a proposal.
– Gregg is feeling better and NeNe is not opening her closet to anybody.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.