NATIONWIDE – The authors of Ragu pasta sauces have released a recall of a particular set of products, saying they can contain plastic pieces.
- Revocation affects pots of Chunky Tomato, Garlic and Onions
- No reports of damage so far
- Products must be discarded or returned to points of sale
Manufacturers Mizkan America, based in Illinois, said the sauces were distributed nationally.
The affected products are:
- 45-ounce chunky tomato, garlic and onion, with a June 6, 2020, best date
- 66 ounce chunky tomato, garlic and onion, with a June 5, 2020, best at date
- 66 ounce chunky tomato, garlic and onion, with June 6, 2020, best-by-date
- 66 ounce old world style traditional, with June 4, 2020, best date
- 66 ounce Old World Style Meat, June 5, 2020, Best-by-Date
No damage has been reported due to the foreign material, according to Mizkan.
In their own state, Recalling the revocation, Publix said that the products should be disposed of or returned to their place of purchase for reimbursement.
Customers can also contact Mizkan America for a replacement voucher and get some sauces retrieved for further investigation.