Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Entertainment https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Prince Harry’s latest move leaves fans guessing

Prince Harry’s latest move leaves fans guessing



Prince Harry has let royal fans, experts and British media guess with his decision not to issue a public statement.

However, the Duke of Sussex issued a statement on a source, according to Reuters.

Referring to the source, Reuters said, Prince Harry has joined his brother William in welcoming a new investigation into how the BBC secured a famous and controversial 1995 interview with their mother Princess Diana. The source described it as a “drive for the truth”

;.

A former Supreme Court justice is leading a new investigation into how the TV station obtained the interview and whether executives covered any misdemeanor following allegations that the deceased princess was tricked into attending.

Prince William, the other in the throne queue, said earlier this week that the investigation was a step in the right direction, and a source close to Harry said on Saturday that the prince received regular updates.

The person familiar with the situation also questioned some British media reports asking why Harry, who lived in California with his wife Meghan and son Archie, had not joined his brother to welcome the investigation earlier.

“Unfortunately, some people not only see this as a drive for the truth, but also try to use this as an opportunity to try to drive a wedge between the brothers,” the person said.

Diana’s Panorama interview with Martin Bashir was seen by more than 20 million viewers in the UK and became one of the defining moments in her failed marriage to Prince Charles.

It included an admission of an affair and the line that “we were three in this marriage”, referring to Charles’ relationship with his now second wife, Camilla Parker-Bowles.

This month, Diana’s brother Charles Spencer said the BBC had not failed to apologize for what he said were fake documents and “other deception” that led him to introduce Diana to Bashir.

The BBC has said the TV station is determined to get to the truth about Spencer’s allegations and has appointed John Dyson, one of the country’s oldest retired judges, to lead the investigation.

Bashir has not made any public comment on the situation, and the company says the journalist, who gained worldwide fame from the interview, is currently on sick leave, is recovering from heart surgery and after receiving COVID-19.

Harry and Meghan moved to California after retiring from royal duties in January and have signed a multi-year production agreement with Netflix as part of their plans to be more financially independent.

The source added that the couple had decided to share their property in England, Frogmore Cottage, with their cousin Eugenie, but would stay there when visiting the UK.


Source link