Just the facts
When: Tonight, 7:30 PM
Where: TD Garden – Boston, MA
How to follow: 98.5 The Sports Hub, NBCSN
Rival SBN site: Raw Charge
Know your enemy
Note: All of these stats (and everything in this preview, actually) are from Tampa's Wednesday night game with the Rangers [
- It's here, folks! The one you've been waiting for. The Bruins get to the team that everyone is looking for, ahead of them in the Atlantic. It's not exactly a match-up, however: the Bruins are without their leading goal scorer in David Pastrnak, while the Bolts will be playing their second game in as many nights.
- The Bruins are considered among the more top-heavy teams in the NHL, but it's amazing to see the Gulf between scorers # 3 and # 4 on Tampa. Steven Stamkos is 3rd on the Bolts with 75 points. Tyler Johnson is 4th, a casual 38 points behind Stamkos. It's no knock on Johnson, of course; more than a testament to how unbelievable Kucherov, Point and Stamkos have been
- The Bruins have been on a point of pace in February, but they are made virtually no ground on Tampa. Why? The Bolts harbor has been in regulation since January 30th, a 4-2 loss to the Penguins. That's a 13-game point streak. It's not just a point streak either: going into last night's game against the Rangers, Tampa had won 9 games in a row.
- If the Bolts took at least one point from the Rangers last night, this has to be one of the more unique streaking games in NHL history, right? I can imagine two teams on 14-game point being faced each other many times.
- Patrice Bergeron did not practice on Wednesday, but per team, he was given a maintenance day. He should be good to go tonight, while Noel Acciari may miss time to dental work and Kevan Miller remains questionable.
- Jake DeBrusk appears to be no worse for wear after an awkward fall in Tuesday night's game against San Jose. ] Karson Kuhlman will probably draw back in. If not, Bruce Cassidy could opt to bump David Backes down to the 4th line and lock Peter Cehlarik at 3RW.
- Tampa took the only other regular season meeting between these two teams, beating the Bruins 3-2 in Tampa back on December 6.
See ya tonight!