Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Entertainment https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Police have called Harry and Meghan’s home in California nine times since July | Prince Harry

Police have called Harry and Meghan’s home in California nine times since July | Prince Harry



Police have been called to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s mansion in Southern California nine times in as many months, it has emerged.

The Santa Barbara Sheriff’s Office has responded to calls listed as phone requests, alarm activations and property crimes since Harry and Meghan moved into their home in Montecito with their one-year-old son, Archie.

In July, officers were called four times, with a call listed as a phone request, and others were labeled “alarm activation,”

; all in the early hours, according to data obtained under the Freedom of Information legislation by the PA Media news agency. There was an additional emergency call in November listed as “Misc Priority Incdnt”.

Kl. At 16.33 on Christmas Eve last year, the sheriff’s deputies were summoned after a man was alleged to have violated. Officers returned to the mansion on Boxing Day at. 14.44 for a call listed under “property crime”. Nickolas Brooks, 37, was booked into jail for a misdemeanor offense and later released.

The last call was at 2.21 on February 16 and was listed as an alarm activation.

Neither representatives of the Sussexes nor the sheriff’s department would comment.

The couple’s security arrangements hit the headlines after their interview with Oprah Winfrey in March.

Meghan, who is pregnant with a girl, said she sent letters begging Harry’s family not to remove his personal protection officers, warning that he was facing death threats.

Harry said he never thought he would have his UK taxpayer-funded security detail removed when he decided to step down from royal duties. “I was born into this position. I inherited the risk. So it was a shock to me, ”he said.

The couple revealed that they had introduced “privately funded security arrangements” for their move to the United States after then-President Donald Trump said his country would not pay for their protection.

Now no longer working members of the royal family, they are responsible for the management and the cost of their safety.


Source link