Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have experienced a rough welcome to their new home state of California.
After moving from the UK to Vancouver Island and then to Markle’s home Golden State in July 2020, the royal couple’s safety at home has apparently kept busy with a monthly clip.
On Thursday, the Telegraph reported that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have had the Santa Barbara Sheriff’s Department summoned to their mansion in Montecito, California, nine times in as many months.
The nature of the call is listed as telephone requests, alarm activations and property crimes, the publication said, citing data obtained under the Freedom of Information Act.
OHIO MAN ARRESTED FOR VIOLATION OF MEGHAN MARKLE, PRINCE HARRY̵
In the month of July – where they moved into the nice residence with their one-year-old son, Archie, after living in the Tyler Perry mansion in Los Angeles for 18 million dollars – the authorities were called four times during the early morning hours .
One of the calls was reportedly categorized as a “telephone request,” while the other three calls were labeled as “alarm activations.”
In addition, a request from August was listed as “Misc Priority Incident”, and another alarm was triggered in November.
Deputies were also called to the Montecito residence on Christmas Eve around 6 p.m. 16:13 local time after a man allegedly violated the property according to the data.
The data extracted by the Telegraph also represents a police response on December 26 at. 14:54 local time for a call listed under “Property Crimes.”
MEGHAN MARKLE, PRINCE HARRY’S INTERVIEW WITH OPRAH WINFREY DRAWS RIGHTS REACTIONS
Last month, the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to Fox News that Nickolas Brooks, 37, of Heath, Ohio, was accused of trespassing the Duke and Duchess of Sussex home twice in December 2020.
Brooks, who spoke to The Sun at the time, said he believes he was ‘tall’ when he was caught at the couple’s home on December 26. Outlet noted that he was driving from his home in Ohio to Sussexes’ property in California.
“It was a foggy period in my life. I did not even know where I was. I think I was high at the time,” Brooks said.
MEGHAN MARKLE, PRINCE HARRY: DRONE REPORTS “MORE PREVENTIVE” NEAR THE LA AREA, WHERE SUSSEXES LIVE, SOURCE SAYS
“I do not know why I went to their place, it was like where I ended up. I drove all over the country – I know it’s crazy,” he added the approximately 35 hour drive.
Meanwhile, the most recent call – listed as an alarm activation – was at 02.21 on 16 February, according to the report.
The news of the calls to the authorities and Brooks’ arrest comes after Markle, 39, and Harry’s all-in-all interview with Oprah Winfrey.
MEGHAN MARKLE DISCUSSES MISINFORMATION DISTRIBUTING ONLINE: ‘WHAT I ACTUALLY SAY IS NOT PROVIDED’
In the two-hour CBS special, Harry, 36, told Winfrey that the royal family cut him off financially in early 2020 following the couple’s announcement that they were resigning as senior members of the royal family.
Harry noted, however, that he could afford security for his family because of the money his late mother Princess Diana left behind.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
The couple stepped away from royal duties last year and eventually settled in California, explaining that they wanted to escape racist coverage and unwanted intrusion into their privacy from the British media.
Reps for Harry and Markle as well as the Santa Barbara Sheriff’s Department did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.
Fox News’ Melissa Roberto and Stephanie Nolasco contributed to this report.