Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Luis Castillo just showed the whole world why he was selected for the 2019 All Star game in this and seemed to have a message for Sonny Gray: All you can do, I can do it better.
Having seen what was probably the year's pitch for Reds last night from Sonny Gray, we were treated with a Luis Castillo led encore. He took one no hitter into the 7th inning before Keston Hiura hit a single to center field.
It would be the only hit Castillo would allow in the game.
A rain delay pushed Castillo from the game with two outs in the 8th inning. HI's last line: 7.2 IP, 1
He was summoned and fired today. Red's fans were surely treated with a good one on this 4th of July holiday.
Honest mention to Jesse Winker, who collects three hits today and scored a race. Yasiel Puig knocked in the only Red's race. Joey Votto hit and went. David Hernandez came in and got Reds out of the 8th inning clean (a strikeout) and Raisel Iglesias saved it.
- Redsne made their first effort again today. Jesse Winker went off with a double and then went to 3B on a Joey Votto single. Eugenio Suarez knocked out, but Yasiel Puig hit a slow dribble to the third baseman to score Winker. Derek Dietrich appointed to lay the bases, but Nick Senzel was founded in an inning that ended double games. Reds, 1-0.
- And that was it. Reds wins the game, the series, America's heart; 1-0.
- Happy Fourth of July, Red Reporters!
- Author's Bobby Nightengale went ahead with some injury news earlier today: Amir Garrett was placed on the 10-day IL, due to a wound left left, explaining why he wasn't in the bullpen last night and rather hanging out in the dugout. The team does not expect it to be serious. Scooter Gennett's tight left groin didn't seem to be serious and he could return to the lineup as soon as Saturday. Alex Wood will finally (perhaps) begin a rehab stint in Louisville also Saturday.
- A rain delay of just over an hour stopped this game at the top of the 8th. It ended Castillo's day a little too early, which really sucks.
- Reds pitching has not allowed a round in 23 straight innings.
- Reds is off tomorrow, a Friday, because Rob Manfred is a terrorist.