No. 2 Duke Looks to Stay Hot Against State
- Long-time rivals meeting for the 248th hour, no. 2 Duke welcomes NC State to Cameron Indoor Saturday night
- The Blue Devils have won eight straight overalls and puts in sole possession of first place in the ACC.
- Duke's 10-1 record in ACC play marks its 11th start or 10-1 or better under head coach Mike Krzyzewski and its best ACC start since the 2010-11 season.
- Freshman RJ Barrett who leads the ACC in scoring at 22.7 points, is seventh on Duke's single-season freshman scoring list (544). He is 150 points shy of the Duke freshman record
- Freshman Zion Williamson is second in the ACC in scoring at 22.0 points. He and Barrett are the highest scoring duo in the country this season at 44.7 points per game.
- Williamson is the nation's only player averaging 20.0+ points and shooting .650+ from the field.
- Barrett (22 games) and Williamson (23) is the fastest Duke freshmen in history to score 500 points. Barrett was the second fastest player in any season under Coach K to 500 points ( JJ Redick 1
- Williamson needs two more blocked shots to become just the third Blue Devil in History to record 50+ steals and 50+ blocks in the same season, joining the National Defensive Players of the Year Shane Battier and Shelden Williams.
- 1 overall in KenPom's ranking, Duke is joined by Virginia as the only teams ranked in the top five for both offensive and defensive efficiency.
High Ranking Success
Duke has played five games versus AP top 10 opponents, including four away from Cameron, and the Blue Devils' 4-1 record versus top 10 teams leads the nation… Duke (four) joins Virginia (three), Iowa state (two), Kansas (two), Kentucky (two) and North Carolina (two ) and the only teams with multiple top 10 wins this season… The Blue Devils are 7-1 versus AP Top 25 teams this season, matching Kansas (7-2) for most Top 25 wins in 2018-19. Of Duke's 7-1 record versus the Top 25, six wins have come away from Cameron Indoor Stadium to tie a school record for most road / neutral Top 25 wins in a regular season… The Blue Devils have three remaining games on the schedule against AP Top 25 teams… Duke's 11 potential Top 25 games would tie Louisville, UNC and Virginia as the most in the country this season.
Duke vs. NC State
Duke is 146-101 all-time versus NC State, which includes a 63-30 mark at home (50-26 at Cameron Indoor Stadium)… Under Coach K, the Blue Devils are 54-24 in the series … The Wolfpack have won two straight over the Blue Devils – their first back-to-back wins in the series since the 1994-95 season.
Second Half Surge
Duke is 4-1 this season when trailing at the half, and has won each of its last four when down at halftime… The Blue Devils rallied from nine points to half at Louisville (38-29) – a deficit that grew to 23 points (59-36) with 9 : 55 left before Duke mounted the historic rally… Coming from nine down the half was the Blue Devils biggest halftime comeback since beating North Carolina last season at Cameron, 74-64, after trailing by 10 at the half… On average, Duke is scoring 2.1 points more in the second half, while shooting better percentages, and holding the opponents to worse percentages.
"Louisville Larceny"  In one of the great comebacks in Duke history, and the largest second-half margin overcome in the Coach K era, Duke trailed at Louisville by 23 (59-36) with 9:55 to play… Triggered by a Cam Reddish three with 9:04 left, the Blue Devils out-scored the Cardinals 35-10 over the next nine minutes to erase the deficit and win in stunning fashion… Reddish scored 16 or Duke's final 30 points in the comeback ( 4-of-9 from three; 4-of-5 at line), including a three that made it a two-point game with 2:58 left, the tying three with 1:28 left and the go-ahead free throws with 14 seconds… Eight of Duke's 12 steals came in the final 6:13 of the game with each of the eight steals resulting in points on the ensuing possession (15 points)
RJ, Zion Threaten Frosh Scoring Record
With freshmen RJ Barrett and Zion Williamson continuing to set the scoring pace in the ACC, the duo should threaten the team's one-year-old freshman scoring record … Last season, Marvin Bagley III 's 694 points were the most scored by Duke freshman. Barrett is 150 points shy, while Williamson is 165 away… Barrett and Williamson are aiming to become the first freshman teammates in NCAA history to each average 20.0+ points in a season.