The man suspected of live streaming himself killed 49 people and injured dozens more in a Friday photography on two New Zealand mosques, which were killed in white nationalist message cards after global journeys involving stops in North Korea and Pakistan, according to reports.
The 28-year-old Australian citizen, whom Fox News does not name, made his backpacking trips alone, but also participated in travel groups. Australian media stores published a photo showing him with a group trip near Samjiyon Grand Monument in North Korea. The long manifesto which he allegedly shared prior to the murder in Christchurch also refers to visits to France, Poland, Iceland, Argentina and Ukraine.
The alleged killer grew up in New South Wales, Australia and worked as a personal trainer with a penchant for competing in triathlon. Within a year of his father's death in 201
NEW ZEALAND COMMUNITY RUSHER TO SUPPORT MOSQUE SHOOTING VICTIMS AMID GUNFIRE, REPORT SIG
"Recently came in contact with a bit of capital because of my father's death," he wrote on a forum in 2011.
It is believed that he traveled to New Zealand before moving to Southeast Asia, China, North Korea, India, Pakistan and Europe – where he stopped in Spain, France and Portugal, News.AU.com reported. Pictures posted on bulletin boards show him in Pakistan as long as last year.
"He had no particular destination," Tracey Gray, his former head of a local gym, told the Australian Radio Association. "It was my understanding that he was open to seeing the world to see as many places as possible. He just wanted to experience different experiences."
AOC DRAWS IRE RIPPING & # 39; # 39; AFTER CHRISTIAN MOSCOW FOUNDATIONS
"He had no particular destination. It was my understanding that he was open to seeing the world to see as many places as possible. He just wanted to experience different experiences."
CLICK HERE TO GET FOX NEWS APP
The suspect killer – who allegedly lived the Facebook massacre, who subsequently removed the footage and closed his account – appeared in a New Zealand court on Saturday, flanked by 11 security guards , Times reported. He is accused of a number of murders, but is expected to face more charges as the investigation continues.
The authorities said the suspect had planned the attack for up to two years and had decided to shoot the Masjid Al Noor mosque in downtown Christchurch and the Linwood Masjid mosque three kilometers away two months ago, according to the Times.