From Software is a new update for Sekiro: Shadows The Twice. Patch 1.03 patch is scheduled to go live across PS4, Xbox One, and PC today, April 22, at 6 PM PT / 9 PM ET. Along with addressing a handful of bugs, the update will make an assortment of balance tweaks aimed at improving the usability of the game's various combat options.
According to Software, the purpose of this patch is primarily to "encourage usage and diversity". of approach "when taking on Sekiro's fearsome enemies. To that end, the developer has improved the efficiency and spirit of a handful of Shinobi Tools, including the Lazulite Sacred Flame and various Loaded Axes. Likewise, a handful of Combat Arts, such as Ashina Cross and Dragon Flash, have also had their efficiency and Spirit Emblem cost adjusted.
Beyond those changes, From Software has adjusted the state of a few bosses, among them Blazing Bull, whose Posture and Vitality have been slightly reduced. Divine Confetti drop rates have also been increased, while the price to buy information from Anayama the Peddler has been reduced. You can see the full list of changes in the patch notes below and on the official Sekiro website.
Sekiro: Shadows The Twice launched toward the end of March and has proven to be a big commercial success for From Software and Activision. The game debuted at the top of UK's sales charts, and Activision added that it managed to sell more than two million copies across PS4, Xbox One, and PC in its first 1
The game has also been a critical success for the companies. GameSpot awarded it 9/10 in our Sekiro: Shadows The Twice review, with critic Tamoor Hussain writing, "More so than in previous games, From Software has been in the inherent tension found in the challenging nature of its games, and uses It to incredible effect. Sekiro's developer's unique brand of gameplay with stealth action to deliver an experience that is challenging when it is gratifying. "
Improvements to Strategic Approaches
- Adjusted the
- Prosthetic Tools: Lazulite Sacred Flame, Loaded Ax series, Sparking Ax, Lazulite Ax
- Combat Arts: Ashina Cross, Dragon Flash, One Mind, Floating Passage, Spiral Cloud Passage, Mortal Draw, Empowered Mortal Draw
- Items: Spiritfall series
- Reduced the Postage damage dealt by the first hit of the Combat Arts "Senpou Leaping Kicks "and" High Monk "as it was causing more damage than intended in certain cases. Posture damage dealt in the laugh-half of the combo has been increased.
- Increased the poison build-up by the Prosthetic Tool "Sabimaru" against enemies that were intended to be weak against it.
- Increased the drop rate or "Divine Confetti" for Fencers in Ashina Castle.
- Adjusted loading screen and tutorial text, as well as adding new text.
- The Chained Ogre inside Ashina Castle is now Red Eyed
- Fixed a bug where "Gokan's Sugar" and "Gokan's Spiritfall" Fixed a bug where system crashes could cause save data to become corrupted on PC.
- Fixed a bug where certain enemies would sometimes stop attacking the player.  Fixed a bug where certain actions could not be performed after reconfiguring the controls.
- Fixed certain bugs that were able to access unexpected areas, which could result in obtaining items or make further progress. Improved stability.
- Improved performance.
- Other various bug fixes.
- Improved performance.