Florida Man is an absolute legend. Or rather, his exploits are legendary.
If you've ever read … headlines … you know Florida You're not a man. Instead, he is a collective, a genre and a mindset. He is both Florida and a resident of our imagination became real.
This was not disputed even before a particular Florida Man cue became viral on Wednesday.
The formula sent from a Twitter account to swervin merv (via gandalfsoda on tumblr) was simple: just plug "Florida Man" and your birthday to Google and see what's coming up.
"Florida man drops stolen television from flight scooter."
"Florida man who allegedly threatened the family with Coldplay lyrics ending standoff after SWAT promises him pizza."
"Florida Man did not dream while driving, just at stop sign." to arrest him is being arrested. "" Florida Man Wrecks Liquor Store, accusing it of larvae. "
If you do it right ̵
But if the Florida Man is the gold standard, what about the New Jersey Man?  After all, he is his own thing. We have done a similar exercise with our dear state.
Consider the following:
- New Jersey man charged for video shows that he claims to fall "slip and fall" at work (At NJ.com: He was alleged to have thrown ice and dropped, but the video shows that he staged it)
- NJ man is fighting with swords in the parking lot dispute, police say … aka "Parking disputes are medieval when men fight with swords, 4 foot level, police say"
- New Jersey man's terrible fall caught on camera by Google Maps  New Jersey man goes to McDonald's, "Hi my big rat" aka "watch as man fixes giant rat inside this McDonald's" says NJ
- New Jersey man trying to steal church donations, but the pastor was not having it, aka "not again! Serie fund failed by priest, parishion after trying to steal donations to the poor: police"
- New Jersey man wins $ 1 million using fortune-cookie numbers (Note: He was actually a Pennsylvania man, who played the lottery in New Jersey. NJ.com: This Mega Millions winner actually played fortune-cookie numbers and scored $ 1M)
- New Jersey men are chasing money on the highway, aka "Cash strewn over route 3 in NJ causing crash, highway chaos."
- New Jersey man curls around houses in naked spying on the people inside … aka "Naked man seen crawling around houses, looking into windows at night"
- "New Jersey man steals car, throws it immediately in police car , "aka" Teen crash stolen vehicle in unmarked police car: authorities "
Do you have a tip? Amy Kuperinsky can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org . Follow her on Twitter @AmyKup or on Facebook .
Get the latest updates right in your inbox. Subscribe to NJ.com Newsletters .