Mets won a wild, ugly game against the tigers in 13 rounds Saturday afternoon at Citi Field >> Box score
Six things to know about Saturday's game
1) Head of the bottom of the 13th inning with the game bound 4-4, Tomas Nido smoked a homer to the right field to give Mets a 5-4 victory. Nido's homer came after Hector Santiago escaped a base-loaded one-off jam in the 12th inning before working a scoreless 13.
2) With the game bound 4-4 in the bottom of the 11th, Mets wasted a golden opportunity to win. After a one-off course by Wilson Ramos (who became pinch-run for Steven Matz ), consecutive singles of Dominic Smith and Todd Frazier ] loaded the bases with one out. It produced Aaron Altherr who struck out after appearing in the census 3-1
3) As for Mets & # 39; s offense, it was Wilson Ramos the show before extra innings. Ramos bashed a solo homer to the left field in the second inning to tie things, 1-1. In the fourth inning, he gave New York a 2-1 lead when he grounded an RBI single to the left. With Mets trailing, 3-2, in the sixth hit Ramos hit a two-run homer to the right field.
4) With Mets leading 4-3 and a third base with two outs at the top of the eighth, Mickey Callaway ] raised Robert Gsellman and turned to Edwin Diaz for what would have been Diaz's first four-out of season. But Diaz allowed a flared single to the right field to JaCoby Jones who tied things, 4-4.
5) In his first start since returning from IL Jason Vargas danced for trouble all day while limiting the tigers to run over 5.0 innings. Vargas entered the game with a pitch limit of about 85 and settled on beating 81 seats (48 for strikes). The only run Vargas gave up came in the first inning and was the result of a bloop single, a single who could have been guided a mistake and a victim flies. Overall, Vargas allowed five hits as he walked three and knocked out three as his ERA for the season dipped to 5.22.
6) Tyler Bashlor flashed an unpleasant curve under his appearance in the sixth inning, but threw a meatball into Brandon Dixon with two outs and one runner in the first place, that Dixon hit the second place in the left field to give the tigers a 4-3 lead. Apart from the injury, Bashlor fled two in one workflow.
The Mets are closing their series against the tigers on Sunday at 1:10 pm at Citi Field.
Zack Wheeler takes the height of Mets, as opposed to Spencer Turnbull for Detroit.