Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Entertainment https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Marilyn Manson surrenders to New Hampshire attack warrant

Marilyn Manson surrenders to New Hampshire attack warrant



LOS ANGELES (AP) – Rocker Marilyn Manson surrendered to Los Angeles police last week in connection with a 2019 arrest warrant from New Hampshire in which he allegedly attacked a videographer at a concert, authorities said.

Manson, whose legal name is Brian Hugh Warner, is charged with two counts of simple assault as a result of an alleged incident on August 19, 2019 at the Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion in Gilford.

Gilford Police Chief Anthony J. Bean Burpee said Thursday that Manson had turned into law enforcement in Los Angeles the week before. Manson was booked and released without bail pending a court in New Hampshire.

Manson̵

7;s attorney did not immediately respond to requests for comment Friday.

The victim, a videographer, was in the scene-pit area of ​​the scene at the time of the alleged assault, Gilford police said earlier. Offenses of misdemeanor can both result in a prison sentence of less than a year and a fine of $ 2,000 if convicted.

Los Angeles Police Capt. Brent McGuyre confirmed Manson’s surrender to The Associated Press. Manson surrendered at the department’s Hollywood station on July 2 and was treated on the charge before being released.

“This is consistent with anyone having a misdemeanor that is not local,” McGuyre said.

Manson has also been charged with misconduct – unrelated to the New Hampshire incident – in recent years. He has denied wrongdoing.

In February, actress Evan Rachel Wood publicly accused Manson, her fiancé, on sexual and other physical abuse, claiming she was “manipulated into submission” under their relationship. Months later, “Game of Thrones” actor Esmé Bianco Manson sued in federal court in Los Angeles alleging sexual, physical and emotional abuse..

The AP generally does not identify people who say they have been sexually assaulted, but Bianco and Wood have spoken publicly.

In 2018, Los Angeles County prosecutors refused to file charges against Manson for allegations of assault, battery and sexual assault from 2011, saying they were limited by statute of limitations and lack of confirmation. The prosecutor in that case was only identified as a social acquaintance with Manson.


Source link