Marilyn Manson has turned herself in to the Los Angeles authorities on an active arrest warrant in connection with charges he faces in New Hampshire, Fox News has confirmed.
The Gilford Police Department said the shock rocker, 52, whose real name is Brian Hugh Warner, surrendered to law enforcement in LA on July 2 and finally responded to an October 2019 arrest warrant “for actions alleged to have taken place on the 19th. August 2019 while performing at the Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion in Gilford, NH. “
The ruling was issued for two counts of Class A misdemeanor with simple assault.
Manson was treated and released on personal recognition on bail under the condition that he did not commit a federal, state or local crime while being released and that he appear in court at all as ordered.
In addition, Manson must notify the court in writing of any change of address within 24 hours of doing so, and he must have no contact with the alleged victim.
Manson has been given an unspecified court date to appear at the 4th Circuit Court, District Division of Laconia, New Hampshire.
A rep for Manson did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.
MARILYN MANSON’S MUCH ABUSE SCANDAL LED BY EVAN RACHEL WOOD CRIMES MUSIC, TV CAREER
Police told Fox News in May that Manson was performing a concert at the Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion on August 18, 2019, when the alleged simple assaults took place.
Authorities explained that arrest warrants in New Hampshire could be issued by bail commissioners, and thus the original assault report was investigated and an investigating officer drafted an arrest warrant.
The order was then submitted to a bailiff and reviewed for probable cause – which police said they found through their investigation, and an arrest warrant was issued on October 8, 2019.
Police have not released the name of the videographer, but authorities previously told Fox News that the video person was subcontracted by a local company to film the concert and had been placed in the stage pit area when the alleged assaults occurred.
Manson’s lawyer, Howard King, at the time issued a statement to Fox News calling claims by showgoers to People Magazine that Manson “shot snot” out of his nose, “ridiculous.”
MARILYN MANSON ‘IMMEDIATELY’ FALLED FROM FILM ETHICS THE FOLLOWING ABUSE CONTRACT
“It’s no secret to anyone who has attended a Marilyn Manson concert that he likes to be provocative on stage, especially in front of a camera,” the statement said. “This offense was prosecuted after we received a claim from a local videographer for more than $ 35,000 after a small amount of saliva came in contact with their arm. After we asked for evidence of any alleged damage, we never received a response. . “
King added: “This whole allegation is ridiculous, but we remain committed to cooperating with the authorities, as we have been doing all along.”
One of the concertgoers claimed to People that Manson had no regard for the camera person as he allegedly continued to spit on the photographer during the performance.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
“He spat everywhere, and once it came on her camera, so she wiped it off and looked semi-annoyed. He noticed this and deliberately continued to spit on her camera,” the alleged participant claimed. “I think her last straw is that he got on the floor, came within 2-3 yards of her and hacked a giant snot rocket at her, not the camera. She got angry and disgusted so she stormed off and he just laugh. “
Manson also faces separate allegations of rape and abuse from other women.
Fox News’ Mariah Haas contributed to this report.