BELLEVUE, Neb. (AP) – Authorities arrested a 23-year-old man in an attack on a fast food restaurant in Nebraska in which two people were shot and killed, two were injured and officers responded to a report of a possible bomb inside a moving truck in the parking lot arrived for to find the vehicle on fire.
Roberto Carlos Silva Jr., of Omaha, was booked into jail in Sarpy County early Sunday on suspicion of first-degree murder and first-degree arson on Saturday night at a Sonic Drive-in restaurant in Bellevue, Omaha World-Herald reported. Silva was held without bond Sunday before coming to his first court.
In a press release early Sunday, Lieutenant Andy Jashinske said Bellevue police received a call at 6 p.m. 21
Officers who arrived found the moving truck burning and four people who had been shot. Two were sent to the University of Nebraska Medical Center for treatment, and the other two were pronounced dead at the scene, Jashinske said. The names of the victims were withheld so that their families could be told first.
Video tweeted by Omaha TV station KETV showed crews battling wildfires late Saturday. The Omaha police bomb squad was on the scene early Sunday to check a “unit” as a precaution to ensure the area was safe, Jashinske said.
The attack came days after Silva was arrested outside the restaurant after allegedly using someone else’s Sonic app account to buy burgers and corn dogs for a total of $ 57 in four separate purchases at the site, the World-Herald reported. Silva was released from prison Thursday after sending 10% of her $ 1,500 bail. At the time of this arrest, police seized three firearms from Silva, Jashinske said Sunday.
Officials at Sonic’s headquarters in Oklahoma did not immediately respond to reports from The Associated Press on Sunday.