قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Science https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Late-night grill four leaves Yarmouth house likely a total loss

Late-night grill four leaves Yarmouth house likely a total loss



A house at 119 Burnell Drive in Yarmouth caught late Friday about three hours after a family used a charcoal grill on their wooden porch, according to Yarmouth Fire Rescue.

Home and were uninjured, Fire Chief Michael Robitaille said. The house is probably a total loss, said, estimating the loss at about $ 350,000.

Robitaille said Yarmouth firefighters received several calls about the late late Friday, the first just before midnight. Firefighters were on the scene in six minutes and reported that the house was already well-involved in fire. Yarmouth requested assistance from Cumberland and Freeport Departments. The fire was under control in an hour, and firefighters were on the scene for two-and-a-half hours, Robotaille said.

The home's smoke detectors did not initially go off because the fire started outdoors, he said.

Robitaille said the residents had been grilling Friday night with charcoal briquettes on a wooden deck, and the fire's origin appeared to be in the same area. He said it was important that people use caution when grilling out this Memorial Day weekend.

"They're not meant to be there, and they're too close to combustibles."

He said the wind might have been a factor in starting the Burnell Drive fire, re-igniting coals that appeared to be out

"You may think the coals are out," Robitaille said, "But they are not really burning inside."