Following a controversial NASCAR weekend at Texas Motor Speedway centered around Kyle Busch, it has been cut by Joe Gibbs Racing. race, the Vankor 350, Saturday afternoon's Xfinity Series race, the My Bariatric Solutions 300, and the Sunday afternoon's Cup Series race, the O'Reilly Auto Parts 500.
But following this weekend of races around the four-turn, 1.5- mile (2.414-mile) high-banked Texas Motor Speedway oval in Fort Worth, Texas, the 33-year-old Las Vegas, Nevada has been cut by Joe Gibbs Racing.
This news comes after yet another controversy-filled weekend involving Busch, which Joe Gibbs Racing team owner Joe Gibbs finally got fed up with. According to a source that has requested to remain anonymous, here is what Gibbs had to say about why this decision was made
"I told Kyle before the weekend that I didn't want to win against the kids [in Xfinity] this weekend, and he did it anyway. What about my guys? What about Christopher [Bell] and Brandon [Jones]the guys here for me full-time who go out there every week to win a championship?
“At this point, Kyle's just taking away all these wins from guys just for the spotlight and to his lower series resume and I've had enough of it. It's time for a change. Guy's got a candy-sponsored race car and still feels the need to take candy from all the babies. Sad, really. Then he goes out there on Sunday and can do anything against guys at his level. 10th place? Come on. It's just time to move on. "
Here is how Busch responded, according to the same anonymous source.
" I like winning so that what I came here to do. Can't help it with the best in business and people like to complain about that. Said it last year when I won here a Cup: nobody likes a winner. Apparently I'm not too allowed to compete anymore because I'm just too good and Joe doesn't want to annoy the wrong people with running me, I don't know.
a candle to what I've done. Plus, only 33 am only getting better, so if I haven't gone, watch me catch up now, for real. Haters gonna hate. ”
What I did not mention earlier is the fact that today is Monday, April 1, a key day when it comes to the world of fake news, and the fact that Busch's“ release ”from Joe Gibbs Racing is only temporary, and has only been released from their Xfinity Series team; he is still set to continue driving for the team on a full-time basis in the Cup Series. In addition, his Truck Series status was never affected, as he is running for Kyle Busch Motorsports in that series.
Busch is set to return to Joe Gibbs Racing for the Xfinity Series race at Watkins Glen International on Saturday, August 3, Bristol Motor Speedway on Friday, August 16 and Indianapolis Motor Speedway Saturday, September 7, respectively, meaning his "release" is only scheduled to last for around four months.
In addition, this "release" was a planned "release", as
Because your voice heard? Join the Beyond The Flag team!
Write for us!