One of the biggest new features coming in iOS 14 is the ability to set default browser and email apps. Setting up a standard app may not be a big deal if you’re an Android user, but if you’ve been using an iPhone for years, you’ll understand the importance of this smart add-on that took so long to arrive on iOS. Everyone likes choices and finally having the choice of choosing your favorite browser or email client on iOS is a win-win situation. Follow these instructions as we tell you how to set up default browser and email apps in iOS 14.
iOS 14: Set the default browser app
Follow these steps to set your favorite browser app by default in iOS 1
- Go to Settings > use the search box at the top to find your browser. Alternatively, you can also scroll down and look for the browser in Settings.
- Tap on the next page Default browser app and set your favorite by default.
- Note that if your preferred browser does not display this feature, it’s probably because the developers have not yet added support for this feature. It may appear in a future update, but from now on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge will support it.
iOS 14: Set default email app
Follow these steps to set your favorite email app by default in iOS 14.
- Go to Settings > use the search box at the top to find your email app. Alternatively, you can also scroll down and look for the app in Settings.
- Tap on the next page Default email app and set your favorite by default.
We say it again that you need to be patient if your favorite email app does not show the ability to set it as default. Just know that iOS 14 has brought this new feature and most email apps will soon roll out updates to support this.
This is how simple it is to set a browser or email app by default in iOS 14.
For more instructions, visit our How To section.
Is Android One holding back Nokia smartphones in India? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast that you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below.
For the latest technical news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook and Google News. For the latest gadget and tech videos, subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Realme 7i Live images Surface prior to the launch of 17. September, tip specifications