Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ World https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ IDF catches terrorist behind Tapuah Junction shooting attack

IDF catches terrorist behind Tapuah Junction shooting attack

Israeli security forces have arrested the Palestinian who carried out a drive-by shooting at the Tapuah junction in the West Bank, leaving an Israeli teenager dead and two wounded. The attacker, 44-year-old Muntasir Shalabi from the town of Turmus Aiya some 22 km. north of Ramallah, he was arrested in the town of Silwad shortly after 19-year-old Yehuda Guetta succumbed to his injuries at the Rabin Medical Center-Beilinson Campus. “After intensive intelligence and operational activities by Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency), IDF and the Israeli police, the terrorist who carried out the shooting attack at the Tapuah junction – where the deceased Yehuda Guetta was killed and two other Israeli civilians were injured ̵

1; was arrested and detained, “Shin Bet said in a statement, adding that forces” looted a building where the wanted man was hiding in the village of Silwad. ” He was detained for questioning by Shin Bet. “Security forces will continue to act decisively against anyone who carries out a terrorist attack and against those who assist him,” the agency added. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu praised Shin Bet, the IDF and the Israel Police “for their swift and targeted actions” for apprehending Shalabi. “Israel’s long arm will reach anyone who seeks to harm our citizens,” the statement said. Security camera footage from the attack showed an SUV driving up to the bus stop, braking and braking before anyone inside opened fire. The video shows people on stage ducking for cover as the car then drives faster as troops run to the scene.

Three Givati ​​soldiers fired seven bullets and hit the car and Shalabi, who was wounded. The funeral of Yehuda Guetta took place at 11 a.m. Thursday morning at the Heichal Ya’acov Synagogue in Kiryat Moshe. He died late Wednesday night. Guetta, who was a resident of Jerusalem, had been a student of Itamar Yeshiva. He is survived by his parents, four brothers and two sisters. Yehuda, in the last few days we worried as you fought for your life and we prayed from the bottom of our hearts that you would overcome your wounds and all over the country we prayed for your recovery but this morning “To our great sorrow, these prayers have turned into praise,” said Jerusalem Mayor Moshe Lion. Our hearts are broken, but our spirit is strong, “said Samaria Regional Council Leader Yossi. Dagan called on the government to establish a solution near the Tapuah Cross in Guetta’s memory. Jonathan Pollard, an American Jew convicted of having spied for Israel, and the Sephardic chief rabbi Yitzhak Yosef also spoke to the crowd.In an interview with Israeli media, his mother recalled the attack and her last moments with her son: “My sister called me and asked me to check if Yehuda was OK, because there was an attack at the Tapuah junction … I did not think it was him. I called and he did not answer. I called Beilinson’s emergency room and they said he was there and I should come. “We were so lucky to be properly separated from him and that he stayed with us for a few more days.” “I send my sincere condolences to Yehuda Guetta’s family,” Netanyahu said within minutes of hearing about the young man’s death. . ”These are difficult moments for the Guetta family, and the whole nation of Israel shares in your grief. ” “My heart goes out to the Guetta family who lost Yehuda tonight, only 19 years old, who was shot during the heinous terrorist attack on the Tapuah junction,” reads a statement from Defense Secretary Benny Gantz. “I send a brave hug, strength and prayers to comfort the family of Yehuda Guetta, who was assassinated in a shooting at the Tapuah junction, “said President Reuven Rivlin, also passing on his condolences to the family. “How much pain and sorrow that he was taken like this … We will not stand aside while cruel terror raises its head and we will fight all the way with perseverance and determination.” His friend in Yeshiva, Nechemia Lotkin, described Guetta as a “quiet and gentle” person who told many jokes. “We are still in shock, it takes a lot of time to digest,” Lotkin told Army Radio. Another victim, 19-year-old Benaya Peretz from Beit She’an, remains in very serious condition with a back wound. The third victim, 19-year-old Amichai Hala from Safed, was slightly injured in the attack and was discharged from the hospital. Although media reports had said Shalabi was a known Hamas supporter, Shin Bet said he was not affiliated with any terrorist group. According to a report on Walla News, Shalabi was radicalized in the United States, where he lived for several years and began supporting Hamas. Nevertheless, it is assumed that he acted alone and without the support of the Gaza-based terrorist group. In the four days since the attack, security forces had focused their hunt in the Nablus area and had closed the village of Akraba, where the car used in the attack was located. Dozens of Palestinians, many of them family members, were detained on suspicion of providing Shalabi shelter or support while he was on the run. The IDF sent reinforcements to the West Bank to participate in the search and out of concern that copycat attacks or other violence could increase. The attack on Sunday led to several retaliatory attacks by Israeli settlers against Palestinians and their land, as well as clashes between Palestinians and IDF forces. A 16-year-old Palestinian was killed overnight Wednesday in clashes with IDF troops in the village of Odala south of Nablus after being hit in the shoulder by live bullets. Identified by Palestinian media as Yusef Muhammed Odeh, he was taken to the hospital in the town of Beita, where he died of his wounds. Another teenager, Munther Muhammed Abdel-Rahim, was also injured in the same collision after being hit in the back. Residents of Beita and the nearby village of Odala say there have been clashes between Palestinians and Israeli troops near the entrance to the villages over several nights.

Source link