Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have signed the center Kevin Hayes for a seven-year contract with an average annual value (AAV) of $ 7.144 million, according to Executive Vice President and General Manager Chuck Fletcher.  "We are very happy to sign Kevin for a long-term contract," said Fletcher. "He plays a smart two-way game and just goes into his career. Kevin will add size and skill to our line-up."
Below are notes on Hayes & # 39; career:
KEVIN HAYES (HAYZ)
Draft: 2010 – 1st round 24th overall) by Chicago Blackhawks
AGE: 27 (5-8-1
BORN: Dorchester, Massachusetts
VITALS: 6 "5", 216 pounds
] SKOOTS: Left
* He is signed through the 2025-26 season.
* Hayes was acquired by Flyers on June 3 from Winnipeg Jets for a fifth round pick in this year's draft … He should be free free agent on July 1.
* He split last season between NY Rangers and Jets, where he released a career high 55 points (19g-36a) in 71 games.
* He was acquired by jets at 2019 NHL Trade Deadline and released 13 points (5g-8a) in 20 games with Winnipeg and added three points (2g-1a) in six playoff games.
* Over parts of the five seasons in the NHL he has a total of 92 goals and 137 assist r for 229 points in 381 career games to join a career plus minus +28.
* He played for Flyer's head coach Alain Vigneault in New York for the first four years of his career (2014-2018).
* He spent four years at Boston College, where he played almost one point per game with 132 points (44g-88a) in 142 games.
* He also helped the Eagles victory an NCAA Championship in 2012 and was a finalist for the Hobey Baker Award (Top Collegiate Player) in 2014.