After lying in the development phase for several months, the team @ pwn20wnd finally released 31 unc0ver 3.0.0. That's right, the wait is finally over and you can install unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 right now, which also includes Cydia and Substrate compatibility. At this point, the jailbreak tool only supports A8X-A11 powered iOS devices such as the iPhone 7, iPhone 8, and iPhone X. A12 device support will soon be added to a future update. Let's dive in to see some more details about the case.
Unc0ver Jailbreak for iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 Finally Published – Install Now!
If you followed the news earlier, it was said that unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 will add support to iOS devices with an A12 processor. At this time, support is only present in the A8X through A11 chips. With the release of the latest beta, you now have the opportunity to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad running iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2.
Related Download iOS 12.1.1 Final for iPhone, iPad, iPod – Extended eSIM Support, Live Photos in FaceTime, More
Several improvements have been made to the overall jailbreak process that ensures that is smooth and fluid. Beta 30 and 31 comes with the following shift log, which is retrieved directly from the project's GitHub page:
- Refresh libapt in bound pacakges
- Change how ldrestart is called to something that apparently makes it more reliable
- Attempt to rename the snapshot of the system more securely by improving the claim.
As has been said earlier, the latest IPA of unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 is now available for download. It supports Cydia and Substrate on the devices, ensuring a stable jailbreak experience. This time, it seems that the team is strongly focused on the stability and flow of jailbreak. Apart from this, the promise to expand unc0ver jailbreak to iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 is for additional devices on the road. Be aware of the following if you wish to continue.
- Delete OTA file from Settings – Storage if it is present and restart before trying the jailbreak to prevent a possible startup
- This version contains full-featured Cydia and Substrate support for iOS 12 on compatible devices listed above. This means that Cydia and Tweaks are fully functional
- Some repos may not work with Cydia / APT, yet due to an error in Apple's code on iOS 12 (See https://twitter.com/sbingner/status / 1099050396557893632
- This is considered safe to try as long as you make sure you haven't downloaded OTA file
- It is still possible to restore or downgrade your device to iOS 12.1.1 ~ b3 to use this jailbreak even if you are on iOS 12.1.3 or up (See https://twitter.com/Pwn20wnd/status/1093191940831567872 )
- Restart and try again jailbreak if stuck by "Extract Cydia …"
Although it is still in the beta phase, you still have the option to jailbreak your compatible iOS device using the latest tool. If you have updated your device to Apple's latest iOS 12.1.4, you still have the option to downgrade to iOS 12.1.1 beta 3 as it is still signed by the company.
- Download the latest beta of unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 from the GitHub page .
More to the story, so be sure to keep an eye out for more details on the matter. This is all for now people. What are your thoughts on the matter? Would you be interested in using unc0ver jailbreak for iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2? Tell us in the comments.