Time to check medicine cabinet.
Choose over-the-counter eye drops and ointments sold at Walgreens and Walmart stores as well as some prescription ointments sold at other retailers have been recalled that the products may not be sterile.
New York-based Altaire Pharmaceuticals Inc. Issued voluntary recalls to Walgreens and Walmart's major branded products and a third recall of Perrigo's prescription ointments, according to recalls from the Food and Drug Administration's website.
According to recalls, there are 23 affected products under different product names and brands and 1
The revocation is called a "precautionary measure" and "Altaire has not received reports of undesirable events, nor has Altaire obtained any specific results, including sterility tests for the products."
"Administration of a non-sterile product intended to Being sterile can result in serious and potentially life-threatening infections or death, "the memory tells the state.
What your dog eats?: Your dog may be at risk of developing heart disease based on their food, says FDA
Vegetable recall: Green Giant, Trader Joe's and Signature Farms veggies are recalled of potential Listeria risk
Several eye drops and ointments have been recalled.
Walgreens Recall Products
Altaire has recalled five different Walgreens products produced for the pharmacy chain, with six masses affected under the recall notice. Here are the products with their National Drug Code (NDC) listed and lot numbers:
- Lubricant eye drops Moisturizing: 0363-0185-13; lot 19095.
- Lubricant Eye drops Moisturizing Twin Pack: 0363-0185-49; lot 19095.
- Sodium Chloride Ophthalmic Salve, 5% Hypertonicity Eye Salve: 0363-7500-50; very TCI.
- Sodium Chloride Ophthalmic Solution, 5% Hypertonicity Eye Drops: 0363-0193-13; lots 19105 and 19050.
- Lubricant Eye Ointment PF Soothing: 0363-0191-50; very slowly.
Walmart Revoked Products
Altaire recalls 74 Walmart lots, which includes 10 Equate products and an Eye-drop under the Support Harmony label, which was discontinued in January 2018 under the revocation notice.  Here are product names and NDC numbers. For list of affected parties, see the recall message.
- Equate Restore Tears Lubricant Eye Drops Twin Pack: 49035-189-49.
- Equate Eye Allergy Relief Drops: 49035-887-13.
- Equate Sterile Lubricant Stye Salve: 49035-875-50.
- Equate Comfort Gel Lubricant Eye Eye Twin Pack: 49035-197-49.
- Equate Restore PM Nighttime Lubricant Eye Ointment: 49035-191-50.
- Equate Night & Day Restore Tears Lubricant Eye Pack: 49035-883-59.
- Equate Support Advanced Twin Pack: 49035-885-49.
- Equate Support Advanced Lubrication Eye Drops Dose Preservative Free: 49035-882 -54.
- Equate Support Advanced Lubricant Gel Drops Multi Dose Preservative Free: 49035-882-52.
- Equate Support Moisture Lubricant Eye Drops: 49035-145-10.
- Support Harmony Lubricant Eye drops: 49035- 145-10.
Perrigo recalled products
Altaire withdrew 59 lots of six prescription ointments and 11 lots of over-the-counter Puralube Ophthalmic Salve, which was "manufactured and labeled exclusively for Perrigo Company PLC." The products were distributed by Perrigo, the recalled message.
Here are product names and NDC numbers. For list of affected parties, see the recall message.
- Neomycin and Polymixin B and Bacitracin Zinc Ophthalmic Ointment: 0574-4250-35.
- NEO-POLY DEX (Neomycin and Polymixin B and Dexamethasone) Ophthalmic ointment: 0574-4160-35.
- NEO-POLYCIN HC (Neomycin and Polymixin B and Bacitracin Zinc and Hydrocortisone Acetate) Ophthalmic Ointment: 0574-4144-35.
- POLYCIN (Polymixin B and Bacitracin Zinc) Ophthalmic Ointment: 0574-4021-35.
- Bacitracin Ophthalmic Ointment: 0574-4022-35.
- Sulfacetamide Ophthalmic Ointment: 0574-4190-35.
- Puralube Ophthalmic Ointment: 0574-4025-35 and 0574-4025-20.
What to do?
Consumers with questions about this recall should contact Altaire Pharmaceuticals Inc. by calling 1-800-258-2471 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Monday to Friday from 9 am 8.30am to 5pm ET.
If you have experienced any problems associated with taking or using the products, Altaire recommends contacting your doctor.
Follow Kelly Tyko on Twitter: @KellyTyko
Read or Share this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/07/05/recall-eye-drops-ointments -sold-walmart-and-walgreens-Recalled / 1661246001 /