قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ US https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Exclusive: The United States is preparing to send more troops to the Middle East – sources

Exclusive: The United States is preparing to send more troops to the Middle East – sources



WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The United States is preparing to send additional troops to the Middle East in response to growing concerns over Iran, which Washington blamed for attacks on oil tankers last week, two US officials told Reuters on Monday and spoke on condition of anonymity.

Officials did not say how many troops would be used or detailed the time of implementation, which was not previously reported. If confirmed, it would be in addition to the 1,500 troop rise announced last month in response to the May attacks of thought that it was also due to Iran.

Pentagon rejected comment. It was unclear when a new implementation could be announced.

U.S. Concerns over the threat to US forces and interests in the region have risen steadily in recent weeks, especially after the attacks on two oil tankers at the bay entrance on Thursday.

Last week, the United States published a video showing that Iran's revolutionary guard was behind Thursday's attack near the Hormuz Strait on the Norwegian-owned Front Altair, which was set on fire and the Japanese-owned Kokuka Courageous.

The US military released additional images on Monday.

"Iran is responsible for the attack based on video evidence and the resources and skills needed to quickly remove my unexploded limpet," Central Command said in a statement.

Iran strongly denies the accusations.

Reporting by Phil Stewart; Editing Sonya Hepinstall

Our Standards: Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

Source link