Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ US https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Deputy shot in Compton attack released from hospital

Deputy shot in Compton attack released from hospital



One of the deputies who was injured in a naughty ambush in Compton, California, was released from the hospital over the weekend on Wednesday, Sheriff Alex Villanueva in Los Angeles said.

“Great news, one of these deputies was released from the hospital today,” Villanueva tweeted Wednesday night. “He has a long way to go to recover. But he is not alone. We, as a society, are in this together. ”

Villanueva did not identify the deputy, who was one of two shot in the head as they were sitting in a marked car near a transit station on Saturday.

LOS ANGELES SHERIFF DETECTIVES ‘ON THE RIGHT TRAIL’ IN SEARCH OF GUNMAN IN THE SHOT OF COMPTON ADDITIONALS

The video of the attack shows an armed man in dark clothes walking up to their vehicle, shooting into the passenger side window and running away.

Both deputies had been at work for about 1

4 months, Villanueva said at the weekend.

Earlier Wednesday, the sheriff said investigators were following “several leads” and believed they were making progress in a massive hunt for the shooter and a possible getaway driver.

No suspects have been identified.

EXPERIENCED HERO LA SHERIFF’s Deputy ID’D, WAS LIBRARY BEFORE IT ENTERED; REWARD INCREASED TO $ 200G

“Our detectives are convinced they’re on the right track,” Villanueva told Bill Hemmer about “Bill Hemmer Reports.”

A GoFundMe site created by a sheriff’s detective has raised more than $ 550,000 dollars to help the injured deputies – identified as a 31-year-old woman and a 24-year-old man. Separately, more than $ 300,000 in reward money – a mix of public funds and private donations – is offered in the case.

The female deputy remained hospitalized in stable condition after surgery. Additional information was not available.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The sheriff’s department has been criticized in recent months for its handling of a number of incidents, including leaked photos in May of the helicopter crash that killed Kobe Bryant and seven other people. Bryant’s family is suing the department in connection with the incident.

Fox News’ Louis Casiano contributed to this report.


Source link