قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ World https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Dems for the Pentagon: No extra money if Trump uses defense funds to build wall

Dems for the Pentagon: No extra money if Trump uses defense funds to build wall



"And if the administration goes through and steals money from previously approved projects, the president's brand will not provide support for replenishment. I'm not fun," she added.

Trump declared a national emergency along the southern border in February, and he plans to reprogram more than $ 8 billion of military and state funds to construct a border wall. The congress, which decided to provide $ 1.35 billion to fund border barriers, voted to oppose the statement. Trump issued his first veto against this measure.

A veto violation effort in Parliament failed Tuesday.

Robert McMahon, Assistant Secretary for Sustainability Defense, testified on Tuesday's hearing that projects that lose funding would be delayed, not canceled. He also said that the Pentagon had not yet compiled a list of projects that could be cut.

"At this point, I can tell you that there is no list saying that this is where we are going, because at this point there is no requirement," he said.

A list of potential projects, he added, would be limited to those who did not expect to pay out this year and prioritized urgency.

"The short answer is that the list will evolve over time," he said.

In response to questioning, the Army Assistant for Installation Management, General Manager Gwen Bingham Committee, said that there were 1

3 projects funded by a hurricane relief bill that could potentially be on the block.

In a tense exchange, Wasserman Shultz criticized McMahon for saying that the projects would be delayed, not canceled.

"They will not be deferred. They will be canceled. We have already allocated the funds as I said. We will not refund the funding in this bill. Thus, they will be canceled due to the President's decision to withdraw the money from funds. already set aside by Congress, "she said.

Democrats blasted the administration to request 3.6 billion. Dollars in funds to replenish settled projects to help rebuild facilities used by the military and their families.

"The idea that the construction of a border wall takes precedence over this administration over the security and preparedness of our service members is undeniable," said Wasserman Schultz.


Source link