Press Release from Humboldt County Joint Information Center:
Humboldt County Public Health and other approved local vaccinators have administered 66,648 doses of COVID-19 vaccine, an increase of 9,322 doses since last week’s report.
Vaccination data has been updated on the Humboldt County Data Dashboard. Some highlights include:
- 26,085 local residents are fully vaccinated, representing 19.2% of the county’s total estimated population and approx. 23.2% of the county’s residents who are 16 years of age and older and currently eligible for vaccination.
- Nearly 1 in 3 or 31.6% of the county’s total population has received at least one dose of vaccine, which means they have some protection against the virus.
- Of those most susceptible to serious illness – people over the age of 75 – 62.5% are fully vaccinated and 78.2% have received at least one dose.
Go to humboldtgov.org/Dashboard to access Dashboard. To see only vaccine data, visit humboldtgov.org/VaccineData.
7 new cases reported today
A total of 3,507 Humboldt County residents have tested positive for COVID-19, after seven new cases were reported today.
President Joe Biden has instructed states to open vaccination to all residents on April 19, but the state of California has already announced that all residents aged 16 and over will be open to vaccination sooner on Thursday, April 15.
As of today, vaccination is open to the following age groups and workforces:
- Age 50 years and over
- Age 16 to 64 with higher risk
- Food and agriculture
- Emergency services
- K-12 and early education, childcare
- Higher Education
- Health care
- Other high-risk occupations.
For details on high-risk factors and job categories eligible for vaccination, visit https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/VaccineAllocationGuidelines.aspx.
Registration and scheduling of vaccination agreements are now handled through the state of California’s My Turn system. Go to myturn.ca.gov to sign up when appointments become available.
The latest COVID-19 information is available at cdc.gov or cdph.ca.gov. Local information is available at humboldtgov.org or during opening hours by contacting email@example.com or calling 707-441-5000.
Some Safeway, CVS Pharmacy, Rite Aid and Walgreen locations offer COVID-19 vaccination agreements. Learn who is eligible for vaccination and see if there are appointments available for your age group or sector at one of these sites by clicking on the links below.
Rite Aid: https://www.riteaid.com/covid-19
Local COVID-19 vaccine information: humboldtgov.org/VaccineInfo
Humboldt County COVID-19 Data Dashboard: humboldtgov.org/Dashboard
Follow us on Facebook: @ HumCoCOVID19
Instagram: @ HumCoCOVID19
Twitter: @ HumCoCOVID19
Humboldt Health Alert: humboldtgov.org/HumboldtHealthAlert
= historical data. All data from Humboldt County Joint Information Center.
Data from CalREDIE. Postal codes that are not specified have experienced five cases or fewer. Zip Code Populations from the American Community Survey, 2018.