A Far Rockaway health service is among 112 cited for violations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Since the pandemic began in March to Thursday, October 15, the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has cited 112 companies for violations of their response to the virus, resulting in proposed sanctions totaling $ 1,603,544.
Among the companies listed was Haven Manor Health Care Center LLC in Far Rockaway, which was fined $ 12,145 for violations.
OSHA said the inspections resulted in non-compliance violations of:
- Implement a written respiratory protection program
- Provide a medical assessment, respiratory test, training in proper use of respirators and personal protective equipment
- Report an injury, illness or death
- Register an injury or illness on OSHA registration forms; and
- Comply with the general customs clause in the Working Environment Act of 1
According to OSHA, the Manor Health Care Center was quoted as failing to “ensure that an employee wearing a tight-fitting face mask is fit tested prior to the first use of respirators each time a different respirator (size, style, model or make) is used. “
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice’s free daily emails and news alerts.