Home https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ World https://server7.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/sruj/smyrwpoii/p2/ Coronavirus patient dies after judge forces bleach injection

Coronavirus patient dies after judge forces bleach injection



Argentine coronavirus patient Oscar García Rúa, 93, died Monday after receiving chlorine dioxide, a bleach, intravenously. His family successfully sued the clinic that treated him and demanded that they administer the disinfectant after a doctor suggested it.

García was already seriously ill with the Chinese coronavirus before using chlorine dioxide. A lawyer for his family stated on Tuesday that they do not believe he died of his coronavirus infection or of exposure to chlorine dioxide, but of a bacterial infection, and intend to sue the clinic, Sanatorio Otamendi y Miroli SA, again.

The legal decision sets a precedent for judges ̵

1; who typically have legal education but not medical – to intervene to force healthcare professionals to administer treatments with which they disagree. The federal court hearing the case dismissed the clinic’s appeal of the decision.

Chlorine dioxide is a bleach that is typically used to clean or disinfect objects, but has emerged as a deceptive and dangerous “miracle cure” for coronavirus sent by dubious sources around the world. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has repeatedly warned Americans that chlorine dioxide intake poses “significant health risks” to anyone who does so, regardless of their coronavirus status.

According to the Argentine newspaper The nation, Garcia’s wife had also been seriously ill at the same clinic with the Chinese coronavirus, and doctors recommended the use of chlorine dioxide along with inhalable ibuprofen, an analgesic and anti-inflammatory. While the doctor in question recommended the experimental treatment, the clinic did not approve it, and Argentina’s public health authorities do not allow the use of the bleach in this way. The woman died on January 6th.

A day later, Garcia’s family sued the clinic in court to demand that their father receive the chlorine dioxide as soon as possible to prevent him from dying as well. Judge Javier Pico Terrero ruled in favor of the family and ordered the clinic to allow the treatment. While the clinic appealed, the court upheld its original decision, noting that traditional treatments for Chinese coronavirus had not helped the patient improve.

According to the clinic, García died within 24 hours of receiving the chlorine chemical intravenously and experienced a deterioration in his ability to breathe.

According to the Argentine newspaper, on Tuesday Martín Sarubbi, the family doctor, declared Tuesday Clarion, that the family did not believe García died of a Chinese coronavirus infection, but of medical negligence, and that they would further sue the clinic for “guilty murder.”

“The doctor who treated him suggested chlorine dioxide, and the inhalable ibuprofen and Otamendi refused the treatment. Before that, we presented a case [to the court] and the court ruled on it, ”Sarubbi said in an interview. “The clinic continued to dilute the treatment. The reality is [chlorine] dioxide is not banned. [Health authorities] counteract it, but they do not forbid it. The man died due to an infection acquired at the hospital and due to the delay in treatment. ”

The lawyer accused the clinic of refusing the treatment “for financial reasons that have nothing to do with the effectiveness of the treatment.” He also claimed that García was improved after the administration of the bleach.

Clarion quoted a medical expert, Professor Carlos Damin, as declaring that chlorine dioxide is “a bleach … it has never been used as a treatment.”

“There is no scientific evidence to show that it works as a medicine. It is clearly a toxic substance and can harm one’s health, ”Damin noted. “It is not used in any country in the world except [socialist] Bolivia, which recently approved the use. ”

Chlorine dioxide is typically used as a bleaching agent and in small amounts to disinfect water at treatment plants, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. However, as the Chinese coronavirus pandemic has worsened, dubious websites have sprung up around the world selling “miracle” cures for coronavirus, which consists largely of chlorine dioxide, a phenomenon the FDA has repeatedly condemned.

“The US Food and Drug Administration has issued a warning letter to a vendor marketing counterfeit and dangerous chlorine dioxide products known as ‘Miracle Mineral Solution’ for the prevention and treatment of ‘Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019’ (COVID-19),” the FDA announced in April with reference to the Chinese coronavirus.The FDA warned that those who ingest the products “drink bleach” and that the FDA “is not aware of any scientific evidence supporting their safety or efficacy and they pose significant risks to patient health. “

Last month, a U.S. man in Massachusetts pleaded guilty to “distribution and sale of an unregistered pesticide” after being caught selling necklaces filled with chlorine dioxide, allegedly as a cure for Chinese coronavirus.

“At the height of a violent pandemic that killed thousands of people a day, this defendant tried to profit by tying people to believe that a pesticide-coated string would protect them from viruses like COVID-19 [Chinese coronavirus], ”Said U.S. Attorney Andrew E. Lelling about the man, identified by local media as Jiule Lin. “This was dangerous, opportunistic scam.”

At the time of the press, there is no evidence of police action against the doctor who suggested injecting bleach into Garcia’s veins in Argentina.

Follow Frances Martel on Facebook and Twitter.




Source link