Here are some important developments:
- A little-known provision in Biden’s stimulus package will pay billions of dollars to disadvantaged farmers – a quarter of whom are black – and experts say it is the most significant legislation for black farmers since the Civil Rights Act.
- House lawmakers were able to vote immediately Tuesday on the $ 1
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued guidance on what fully vaccinated Americans can do, saying they can visit nearby grandchildren and eat together indoors.
- The stimulus bill also provides airlines, airports and public transit agencies with billions of dollars in aid to avoid furloughs and compensate for the sharp falls in riders and pilots during the pandemic.
- More than half a million Americans have died from coronavirus, while nearly 29 million cases have been reported.