It is officially the best time of year for savings as shoppers increase their online orders for everyone on their gift lists. With the Covid-19 pandemic forcing the 2020 holiday season into new territory, it is also forcing people to reconsider their plans for holiday shopping. Instead of intruding on the stores, many choose to stay home and buy all of their gift purchases online while taking advantage of the expanded sales, among them Cyber Monday on November 30th. As you scroll through early Black Friday deals from major retailers – including Walmart, Home Depot, Amazon, Wayfair and Target, among others ̵
SKIP BEFORE: Best Cyber Monday Deals to Shop
When is Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday is November 30, the first Monday after Thanksgiving and Black Friday each year.
What is Cyber Monday?
Historically, Black Friday was a store-centric retail holiday with consumers crowding crowds and waiting in long queues to approach doorbusters, explained Jessica Young, senior research analyst, Digital Commerce 360. Cyber Monday is a recent phenomenon that has been in the past aimed at competing with Black Friday’s in-store promotions.
“Cyber Monday soon became the most lucrative online shopping day in the United States,” she said. “But every year, retail chains have expanded more Black Friday sales to consumers who shop online, and a larger share of seasonal dollars is spent on e-commerce sites, blurring the lines between the retail holiday, which was previously targeted at two different channels.”
This alternative to brick and mortar crowds was also traditionally different from Black Friday in the types of sales offered. Years earlier, Cyber Monday was more about technology deals, while Black Friday was more focused on fashion, explained Marshal Cohen, chief industry adviser to the NPD Group.
“But not this year – technology and home will be the big game on both counts,” he said. This is because “the virus has also changed what we spend our money on – it’s less about experience and more about tangible objects with a focus on healthier living, work from home, schooling from home and entertainment at home.”
Best Cyber Monday sale
Although both days have had remarkable online deals in recent years, Cyber Monday surpasses Black Friday in terms of digital earnings, according to Young, with shoppers spending as much as 37 percent more on Cyber Monday than Black Friday since 2014. ” This is partly because discounts have been a little deeper on Cyber Monday, ”she said. “But also because consumers are able to focus more on comparing shopping and gift shopping when stuck on an office computer for a large period of time Monday versus a busy Friday.” And it does not look like this year will disappoint.
“Cyber Monday still seems to be the most popular shopping day heading into the 2020 season,” she added. “More than half of consumers – 53 percent – plan to shop online this year.”
Best clothes and accessories sale
Below are Cyber Monday discounts on clothing and apparel that are either live now or will be live in them in the coming week.
- Old Navy Cyber Monday offers last a whole week 50 percent discount all for the whole family from Tuesday 23rd November to Monday 30th November when there are further write-downs.
- Eddie Bauer takes 50 percent discount almost sideways through December 6th.
- athlete provides 20 percent off select products through Cyber Monday.
- Gap provides 50 percent discount the entire site as well as free shipping from November 29 to December 1.
- Express provides 50 percent discount the whole site as well as free shipping and doorbusters.
- Italy offers up to 60 percent off in season designer styles.
- Banana Republic offers up to 75 percent off sideways from November 29 to December 1.
- Bold dots provides 30 percent off everywhere and free 2-day shipping with code BLACKFRIDAY
- Zero Halliburton offers up to 30 percent off select topics.
Best home sale
Below are Cyber Monday discounts on items for the home and bathroom as well as bedding and furniture that are either live now or will be live in them in the coming week.
- Allswell provides 25 percent off almost everything with code TURKEY25. After Cyber Monday, most mattresses and everything else – except bed frames and mattress covers – will be up to 25 percent off with code HOME4HOLIDAYS until December 22nd.
- Bed Bath & Beyond offers $ 100 My Funds Rewards (a gift card valid for 30 days) for every $ 300 spent
- Wayfair will offer up to 80 percent off – everything is sent for free. There will also be limited flash deals running through December 1st.
- Wüsthof will offer 50 percent discount the classic 5-inch hollow edge Nakiri on Cyber Monday
- Man boxes will offer 20 percent off orders of $ 149 and up as well as “mega-deals” on Cyber Monday.
- Calphalon will offer up to $ 170 off select set
Best shoe sale
Below are Cyber Monday discounts on shoes and boots that are either live now or will be live in them next week.
- Aerosol spray offers up to 50 percent discount all boots
- TOMS offers up to 60 percent off select products and 35 percent of your entire purchase with code THANK YOU.
Best beauty sale
Below are discounts on Cyber Monday on skin care and beauty products that are either live now or will be live in them in the coming week.
- shine ICELAND provides 20 percent off sidewide now and will offer 30 percent off sidewide and Detox Kit GWP with $ 100.
- Mila Moursi offers up to 70 percent off online.
- Olikalife provides 30 percent off all starter kits and 20 percent off on Amazon until December 1st.
- IT cosmetics provides 25 percent off your entire order with the code CELEBRATE25 along with $ 10 Superhero Mascara.
Best technical sales
Below are Cyber Monday discounts on technology that are either live now or will be live in them in the coming week.
Best Cyber Monday deals to shop
To give you an idea of what will be for sale, came Cyber Monday, we prepared some outstanding offers to consider shopping, with more branded sales listed below.
1. Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Air Purifier
While removing up to 99.97 percent of pollutants and allergens, this 3-in-1 model acts as a cleaner, heater and fan to meet your year-round needs. The oscillating model has a fully sealed HEPA and activated carbon filter to trap small allergens and bacteria and has a night mode for quiet cleaning. It also comes with a two-year limited manufacturer warranty.
2. TCL 50 “Class 4 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Android TV
Upgrade your or a loved one’s experience with binging shows and movies while saving $ 120 for a limited time on this smart TV. This 4K model boasts four times the pixels of full HD for increased clarity. In addition to remote technology, it also offers a custom home screen that provides quick access to apps with 700,000 streaming movies and shows.
3. Viking nonstick kitchen utensils set
This 10-piece kitchen set is over 50 percent off in honor of the holiday season and will easily light up any kitchen. The non-stick aluminum set is dishwasher safe and includes four lids, two pots, two frying pans, a sauté pan and a Dutch oven. Each piece has three layers of non-stick coating for long-lasting durability and is ovenproof to meet different recipes and needs.
4. Red Barrel Studio Melyna work chair
Whether you work or learn from home, an upgraded desk chair may be exactly what your space needs for an update in 2021. Bring both comfort and style to your work area with this upholstered swivel work chair in “mermaid blue” fabric. With adjustable height, chrome foot and five wheels, this seating option provides comfort with a modern feel.
Stay up to date on NBC News Shopping guides and recommendations, and download the NBC News app for full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak. Are you looking for the perfect gift? Check out the store TODAY Holiday Plaza.